Saturday, February 9, 2008

LA Daily Blog "Public Comment" Thread For Sunday February 10, 2008

Ta Da! New Los Angeles City website and blog for public advocates to post their stories, and for everyone else in the community to read. Just another tool for Neighborhood Council participants and involved members of the communities throughout the 15 Districts to stay informed and network.

With national Presidential elections taking up more local media coverage, and with more and more people who have turned on to blogging this past year and a half, my inbox is being flooded with more stories than would be fair to post on Mayor Sam's blog.

Because I'm just one contributor, out of many, so I try to be aware of not hogging up the blog. But that means I have to hold back on a lot of smaller, community issues that I feel are important. From Las Villas to Las Lomas. LA City Update and LA Daily Blog is the place where we can let it all fly. Plus, with this blog -- some of the inside sources that have been providing me with information will be posting here directly themselves -- because there aren't enough hours in the day for me to blog it all myself. And these people are the original sources, and they are far more knowledgeable and articulate on the subjects.

LA City Update and LA Daily Blog.

USER NOTE: The only URL you really need to know is www.lacityupdate.com. That is the main website that will be update throughout the day and contain things not on the blog. The blog is an extension of the website, and you can link to the blog from the website. But if you want to go straight to the blog, and remember one more web address, it's www.ladailyblog.com. Also, posted a "hyperlink template" on the site for people to copy and paste, so they can create your own links like you see other people do. AND, when you click a link, and it takes you to another site...if you hit "refresh", you will automatically be taken back to the main page.

If you have something that you feel deserves the attention of a main thread, email it to zumadogg@gmail.com. But try and make it something close to being ready to post. And if you include your phone number, I'll try and call you for more details, if needed. (But you don't have to include your phone, and you can stay anonymous -- or ask to have your name and contact info included.)

AND NOW...WE OPEN UP THIS THREAD FOR OPEN COMMENTS ON ISSUES AND POLITICS AFFECTING YOUR COMMUNITY. I'll get it started by posting some of the comments piling up in my email box that motivated me to start this blog. And I'm not saying there won't be election coverage here, because there will be, but not at the expense of local issues.

I'd be crying, too!