Saturday, August 16, 2008

That's A Wrap on Zuma's Four Month Day

The City of Los Angeles gets two weeks off from fraud, waste, abuse and overall incompetence as LA City Council takes two weeks off. These two weeks off (plus the two weeks off for Winter Break) do not count against their vacation time, either. They still get that, too.

Anyway, I have tons of notes to recap from the meetings this week, massive videos to post and all this stuff in my head to blog...but to be honest: WHY BOTHER? If I blog everything I know, or blog nothing -- either way -- I'm not gonna have food or gas money at the end of it all, and I'll be sleeping in the seat of my car for a fifth consecutive month.

I AM SO F*CKING PISSED I JUST WASTED ANOTHER FOUR MONTHS OF MY LIFE ATTENDING THESE DUMB COUNCIL MEETINGS AND ALL THE BLOGGING JUST TO MAKE EVERYONE ELSE'S DAY -- AND AT THE END OF IT ALL, IT'S SATURDAY MORNING ON A SUMMER WEEKEND, AND I WON'T BE HAVING A SHRED OF ANYTHING BUT PHYSICAL AND HUNGER PAINS.

DO NOT CALL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS PLEASE, I'VE GOT MY OWN. AND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE GOOD INTENTIONS AND STRING ALONGS. YEAH, YEAH...I KNOW ABOUT "TOMORROW" -- IT'S ALWAYS A DAY AWAY.

IT'S MY FAULT: I know and I wish I was able to do something else over these past four months besides all of this...but the people unknowingly keep encouraging me every time they stop me on the street with a shout out. It's an energy pattern I just haven't been able to break away from and it has caused a serious immediate crisis for me. It's not about ego. Some of you may understand. All the public feedback fuels me. Everyday is supposed to be my last day, then I wake up and it's, "Just one more day of this sh*t."

I know a lot of other people do a lot of good, too, in their jobs. But I'm not getting paid for all of the time and effort I am putting into this. Most other people get a paycheck or can afford to be doing this kinda stuff. So yeah, it's easy for me to say, "I'm gonna go back to regular life and get a job and stop blogging and attending meetings and all of that. But when people are hanging out of their car windows doing "U" turns to give a shout out; or people are putting you on the cell phone to prove to their wife that they are with "ZD"; or when you step into an elevator and you can see people perk up and smile; or when a radio reports aks, "Are you 'THE' Zuma Dogg, or just wearing the shirt?" it's hard to pull the plug and walk away.

One of the Councilmembers this week informed me that I was a "genius" for the way I can juggle all these agenda items in my head and size up the situation. Adding, "Most of the Councilmembers can't even do that." (I always suspected that some of the CMs actually DO listen to what ZD is saying so they can hear what is REALLY going on, themselves.)
I don't care if you think it's disgusting that I am reposting that a CM told me they think I am a "genius". (I was calling someone else a genius, and the CM replied by saying, "You're a genius, you know?" And went on to explain why.)

You think it is bragging, but it is complaining. It's like when these hot blond chicks complain, "I can't get a date, men are intimidated by me." A lot of people may wish they could walk outside and have a 24 hour Appreciation Day Parade. But it's engulfed me. And I know a lot of people walk around with this type of recognition in this town...BUT AGAIN, USUALLY WHEN SOMEONE IS GETTING STOPPED BY PEOPLE ALL DAY LONG THEY ARE MAKING $20 million a picture or $1 million an episode or dusting off their MTV Music Award.

So I don't care if a bunch of people read this and say, "What an arrogant a-hole." I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU...I CAN'T BREAK OUT OF THIS GROUNDHOG'S DAY EDITION OF THE TRUMAN SHOW! And people will still send me e-mails today about the Autry Museum or something. As if I am in any condition to expend my time and energy for some museum.

NON-MATERIAL ENERGY: You can say there is no energy pattern going on here and it should be easy for me to walk away. Have you ever looked at a roller coaster and felt a rush of adrenaline? Has your boss ever yelled at you and then your mood/energy changes and maybe you even get tired? Have you ever felt uplifted or creepy after seeing a movie? These are all examples of non-material energy. And the energy dealing with these types of combative issues and the evil energy at City Hall has sucked the life out of me these past four months cause I haven't been eating or sleeping properly the whole time, either. (Again, if I was going to sleep in a bed and eating breakfast everyday and not always worried about my last dollar for gas, I'm sure you wouldn't be seeing this post and I would probably be doing something productive instead of wasting my time blogging.)

WHY DO I WANT TO RUN FOR MAYOR?: Basically, all I do is sit around and think about all these city issues and how to fix all these problems. And I think I am better qualified to pick up the ball and run with it (leadership) than anyone else I have seen so far. Maybe that's why I was attracted to the Dr. Deming Quality and Productivity stuff. And, people seem to like and agree with the things I am saying. AND, I'm pissed and want to fix it. I don't have any confidence in the current system. I don't think Walter Moore has what it takes, AT ALL. (There is more to mayor than screaming about illegal immigrants.) You gotta be able to make people want to do a good job and you can't achieve that by being an arrogant meanie. Trust me. I realize I suffer from low self esteem and have obviously sold my self short all my life. And I obviously SUCK at a lot of things in life...but when it comes to my niche...yeah...I don't see anyone in the City that I don't look down on when it comes to this sh*t.

And I'm not saying a hell of a lot of people out there are not smarter, more informed or better researchers than ZD...but when they open their mouths to try and explain it...it doesn't connect -- or they are not expressing public interest/not trying to put out this kind of energy.
And if someone thinks they are going to improve this city .01% without embracing Deming's 14 points, then I am REALLY looking down on you. Only a Jackass would try and operate this City without installing Deming's 14 points. So I'll just sit here and laugh while it all caves in and the city boils to death out of it's own incompetence and lack of leadership.

Let's make no mistake about it. There isn't ONE councilmember in that Chamber that I look up to and admire for anything else than the ability to deceive and raise money. (EVERY BIT OF RECOGNITION AND PRAISE I RECEIVE IN THIS CITY IS WITHOUT A BUDGET! How much did you spend to have your own crowd ask you, "Hey, Do you know Zuma Dogg?")

But everyone else is REALLY having the last laugh, don't worry I know. All I have is the appreciation, wave of smiles, accolades and blessings of people. But Taco Bell wouldn't take that. And neither would the gas station. (Landlord, definitely not.) So ZD may be the smartest or funniest or most entertaining in many ways...but I'm obviously the most stupid in other ways.

SUMMARY: Wanna know the definition of living hell. Have people stop you all day long and have them praise you for you efforts, but not be able to help yourself, while everyone says they are going to follow-up tomorrow.