Monday, August 11, 2008

New LAPD Bamboozle Being Perpetuated Over New Cell Phone Law

PROGRAMMING NOTE: Mayor Sam has been asked to appear again on Doug McIntyre's morning program on KABC on Tuesday, August 12th at about 7:20 a.m. Make sure to tune in to 790 AM or online at KABC.com. And Zuma Dogg will be appearing on City TV 35 during the City Council meeting -- and online here (sometime after 10am).

Just like everything else the City passes...it sounds good, but always is used for some shady angle. Don't be fooled by this new "cell-phone law" banning the use of hand-held cell phones.

It's really just another excuse for LAPD to have another tool to pull someone over to shake 'em down.

Yesterday morning, I was driving down Olympic and I notice a cop car in a mini-mall parking lot waiting for drivers to pass by. As I pass the police vehicle, I notice it pulls out.

Then, as I make my left turn shortly thereafter, the cop makes left turn -- and hits the flashing lights. He aks me, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Now this was a chilled-out Sunday morning, with only light traffic -- and I was driving straight down the street at a legal speed. Had proper registration on my vehicle. (I KNOW...YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IT!) So I say, "No?" (To his question aksing if I knew why he pulled me over.)

He ASKS, "Were you using your cell phone?" "No," I replied. (Because not only wasn't I using it, the battery was out of juice.) He follows up, "You weren't?" "No?" (Cause now he had me thinking, but I felt the cell phone in my pocket.)

So he says, "O.K. I thought I saw you using your cell phone. I'm sorry. Can I see you license, registration and proof of insurance?"

AH HA! NICE SCAM!!! "I thought I saw you using your cell phone. My bad...now can I see your yada, yada, yada."

Mmmm, hmmmm. Wonder how many people they are gonna pick up with that tactic.

Unfortunatley, they didn't realize they just pulled over the future Mayor of Los Angeles and would be blogging about it here.

HEY BILLY...HOW ABOUT CLARIFICATION. YOU ONLY PULL SOMEONE OVER FOR USING THEIR CELL PHONES IF YOU ACTUALLY SEE THEM USING IT -- AND NOT JUST HAVING SOME CORRUPT-RACKET OF AN ILLUSION. CAUSE THIS POST AIN'T A MIRAGE!

ZumaTimes.com