Saturday, August 30, 2008

Zuma Dogg Has Paranoid Delusions on How The City Allows Developers To Waive 30 Affordable Units for a $900,000 Contribution

FULL POST

HOW ABOUT A PUBLIC VETTING ON THE POSSIBILITY THAT ANY OF THIS COULD BE HAPPENING. Not saying it is, although I AM concerned it COULD be happening. (And when I say "could" I think I'm using the term mildly.)

LET'S GO THROUGH THE LA TIMES ARTICLE ON ANTONIO VILLARAIGOSA'S PLANNING PAL CHRIS PAK AND THE WONDERFUL PLANS FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING IN THE AREA, OR AT LEAST A $900,000 DONATION TO MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY. (The affordable housing, that is.)
Previous ZD article on Pak/Kay/Villaraigosa's Asia trip and caviar planning dreams

COULD THIS BE THE SCENARIO? (Grand Ave, Jr.) I HOPE ZD IS TOTALLY WRONG, AS USUAL! But one thing I am not wrong about, because it is not me who says it, but, you cannot have a vibrant downtown economy as you are planning on if all the rich people live in one area, and the middle-income, low-income workers are commuting in from the outskirts.)