Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Zuma Dogg's LA City News (The Newspaper) Will Be Happening Sooner Than Expected [AD Deadline Coming Soon!]

Thank you! Thank you!

I blogged yesterday that due to my frustration level of watching people read LA Times every morning at Starbucks and wanting to reach more people, like the ones who still read the newspaper everyday (and there are still plenty); who don't read the blogs; or who may not even know about Mayor Sam or Zuma Dogg's blog, that I spoke with a long-time friend who agreed to front the money to get a hardcopy newspaper out there, so contact me if you want to advertise.

And the good news is, there was enough initial response (not gangbusters, but enough of a good sign) that I can roll out an issue with only 24 hours notice.

So between my homie fronting the money for the initial issue, and enough advertising commitments (including actual payments already into my paypal)...I AIN'T GONNA WAIT TOO LONG!

The way I imagine LA CITY NEWS (The Newspaper) happening, is I am gonna make the rounds email people and making a few more calls for the next couple/few days, as I pick the stories that I want to put into the first issue...and when I have the content selected and formatted, I'll send it to the printers and let the first issue fly.

THEN, when I get enough advertising taken in for another issue, I'll roll out more issues between now and the elections. [Imagine ZUMA DOGG's ballot arguments printed in a newspaper that is all over the city!]

Basically, I can start with 20,000 issues (up to 20 pages), and can up the number based on how much more advertising I can get people to kick in for.

I already said, $199 for a quarter page ad, and with a minimum of 20,000 going out there, it should be a good value. And as more ad money comes in, I'll just keep cranking out more issues.

And the blogs (mine and others) will be promoted in the paper. So we already have newspapers than have blogs. Now, ZD will be making a newspaper out of a blog.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME CALL YOU, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT SUPPORTING THE PAST TWO AND A HALF YEARS AND ESPECIALLY PAST FOUR MONTHS, by jumping on this bandwagon early.

IT'S GONNA BE THE NEWSPAPER OF ZUMA DOGG!!! And ZD knows all the strategic places to put them, and all the activists who I know can distribute them in their own areas, if they want to.

ALL THE ACTIVISTS AND BLOG READERS WILL HAVE ALREADY READ MOST OF IT BEFORE IT COMES OUT, CAUSE I'VE ALREADY BLOGGED ABOUT ANY MAJOR ISSUE THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FIRST ISSUE:

So this is about reaching the people YOU are trying to reach. We gotta get all this stuff out to people OTHER than the same 200 core group of activists. So this can be a good medium for that.

IF YOU CAN TAKE OUT AN AD, OR CAN GO FIND SOMEONE IN THE COMMUNITY WHO WANTS PLACEMENT, call 213-785-7272 or email LACityNews@gmail.com or ZumaDogg@gmail.com.

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS, ALTHOUGH THE BRIDGE IS BURNING BEHIND ME, MORE QUICKLY THAN I CAN KEEP UP WITH ANYMORE...this may be a nice vehicle, if I can squeeze it out, before I cave.

And since I have a printer who can do it for the right price, and I have the initial cost run covered (even if I blow the upfront ad money I take in) --

WE HAVE A GO ISSUE. I hope you are included!

ZD