Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Los Angeles City Council Takes Some Kids Fishing, Then Proclaims, "And now these kids have an alternative to gangs."

BUT FIRST, WHERE ARE THE NEW COUNCIL MEETINGS ON THE CITY WEBSITE?: The people of Los Angeles should know that at the same time Zuma Dogg has been alerting the public of the FBI investigation into Los Angeles City Hall...the Council meetings are suddenly no longer being posted on the LACity.org website. Yesterday's meeting still isn't posted, nor is today's, yet. Did the mayor make ONE job cut of all the job cuts he promised over Prop S "Phone Tax"? And was that ONE job cut the person who posts the Council meetings on the city website?

POST THE F*CKING MEETINGS YOU CORRUPT A-HOLES! The Federal Bureau of Investigation and Zuma Dogg want to watch what you are doing on playback. I heard that what they find in their email fishing expedition may hook a few City Hall elected officials, like Councilmembers.

[4 PM UPDATE: Thank you to the City of Los Angeles for responding to Zuma Dogg's blog post and finally posting the f-cking meeting from yesterday (and today). BUT AS USUAL, I have to make a big deal...like when I walked into chambers, this Wednesday morning, and they still had Tuesday's f*cking agendas in chambers. (So I had to walk over to the City Clerk's office and handle the matter, as usual.]

City Council Meeting - Tuesday - Sep 02, 2008 (Dummy-festapalooza Pt 1_

City Council Meeting - Wednesday - Sep 03, 2008 (Dummy-festapalooza Pt 2)


CITY COUNCIL'S "GANG ALTERNATIVE": SPEAKING OF FISHING EXPEDITIONS! The reason I just went to the LA City website for today's council meeting was to pull audio of you Council Dummies who were patting yourselves on the back for taking some kids fishing over the weekend, then proclaiming, "And those kids came back from that day changed and I think we gave them a glimpse as to what's out there as far as an alternative to joining gangs."

SCREETCHING SOUND OF ZD'S SNEAKERS....

EXCUSE ME???

You gonna take kids fishing ONE TIME and proclaim, now they have an alternative to gangs?

I HOPE YOU CAN'T GET ARRESTED FOR VOMITING ON THE PODIUM...because that's what I almost did today when it was my turn to speak. I kinda blacked-0ut, but I think I said, "You can't fish your way out of the problem!" And even Janice Hahn looked kind of amused when I said, "Oh and by the way people, we don't need a property tax for gang programs, because Daily News says it's the safest summer since 1967. (I would bet Janice wishes they hadn't had printed that either. Because, YES...it's the first thing that pops into people's mind.)

And for the record, to CM Janice Hahn (who made this repugnant declaration) -- IF YOU PROVIDE THE OPTION TO TAKE THEM FISHING, EVERY DAY...then ZD would consider that an alternative. Not to say it wasn't a wonderful experience of a lifetime, or whatever. But those memories ain't gonna stop a bullet as they walk home from the bus stop on the way back from fishing one time. And it ain't gonna feed mouths, or pay bills, or make the streets safer.

And just to let everyone know how ZD's take on the matter vs Council's take was percieved in chambers (cause I get nervous when I take a bold stand on an issue like this, cause some people believe the hype)...

As I was walking out of Chambers to run to the bathroom cause I didn't want to vomit on the chamber floor, there were some black senior citizens assembled, and as I walked past (wondering how they felt about my criticism of something "warm and fuzzy" -- they gave me head nods, and "you go", "mmm, hmmms" on my take. THEN, I walked past some homies with the baggier pants and rugby shirts, and I was wondering if they felt disrespected by my take...and just then they smile and give me the fist pound and say, "You gotta take 'em fishing, Zuma Dogg" (laughingly).

So, I ran past my "one time trip/not an alternative unless everyday" scenario past them, and added, "The other problem is, they take some kids fishing one time and decalre, "an alternative to gangs" on TV and people sit at home and say, "Yea!!! OH GOOD!!!! They're doing something about the problem." But that ain't doing a thing.

AND SHAME ON DAILY NEWS FOR THEIR HEADLINE DECALRING, "SAFEST SUMMER SINCE 1967." That's because hospital technology the doctors and nurses use are better, so they are saving more people. That doesn't mean more people aren't getting shot. And when you are aksing people to pay for a "parcel tax" for gang intervention and prevention; and when you are having what seems to be weekly press conferences of people being shot by stray bullets in front of their homes; when you have a Jamiel's Law rally in front of Jack Weiss' district council office; and when kids are scared to walk down their own sidewalks on the way to school...

PLEASE DON'T PUBLISH FREE MAYOR VILLARAIOGSA RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN SPIN AS A NEWS HEADLINE!!!!

I called Ron Kaye to tell him about the "fishing trip=gang alternative" fuzzy-talk in council chambers to get his take (to make sure ZD isn't making too much of it.) He agreed with my sentiment, and I think it probably will annoy him enough to post about this, too. And Ron told me he already posted about the Daily News headline and how now we can cancel the property tax, too. (Like I said...it's such an obvious insult when you are going to taxpayers for a property tax over this.) Here is his site. RonKayeLA.com

Speaking of Ron Kaye, who was the editor of DN until recently...and headlines like today's...I see the direction the paper will be taking...little by little, one day at a time. So if you are a big fan of the Richard Alarcon agenda...you will LOVE Daily News. Otherwise, you should probably cancel your subscription and just read it online. You don't want to financially support what they have on deck.

ZumaTimes.com