Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Does New 1% City of L.A. Sales Tax Starts October 1st!

Is this true? I think it's been covered, but I can't keep it all straight. But I think a new 1% sales tax kicks in tomorrow for LA City. Someone contacted ZD who operates a business in the City of Los Angeles:

"Zuma, (My business) received the tax info for the next 3 months. business On October 1, 2008 the sales tax for City of Los Angeles will go up 1%, from 8.25% to 9.25%."

This doesn't count for anything else like all the other proposed hikes on the ballot.

So now, you have one more reason to do everything outside LA City, and in other places in the county.

NEXT: Oh no...ZD heard some not too cool stuff regarding Oscar's Charter Schools. Is this gonna be Semilla Part 2? After what I heard, I can't believe Steve Barr could be involved. So I gotta follow-up, but it's a reliable source...and it's too odd too make up, and sounds like some of the Semilla stuff that irks some folks. If this Charter movement is going to degenerate into a "cultish" culture...some folks better wake up!