Thursday, September 11, 2008

Villaraigosa Even Bismirtched LA City's Tourism Reputation According to New Travel Survey

Survey: L.A. gets bad rep from tourists

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The city of Los Angeles is getting a bad reputation from tourists.

In a new survey, L.A. is perceived to be unfriendly, unsafe and congested, based on the opinion of more than 600,000 travelers who ranked 25 cities in 45 categories.

L.A. finished in last place in public transportation, safety, traffic, intelligence and friendliness. [Insert Villaraigosa "intelligence" joke, here.]

On the bright side, Angelenos are perceived as more attractive and stylish, having some of the best weather and luxury boutiques. [Better put bars on those luxury boutiques. And better use those packages to try and absorb the bullets. People say Villar is going to get re-elected.]

The tourists have nailed this one right on the head.
I've lived here all my life, born in Hollyweird, and I NEVER go into town unless I have to. I never knew what the big deal was about LA,it's a wasteland, and as far as style goes, that's one opinion! I'm glad to be out of there.
its not la anymore its mexico
I've lived here my whole life (43 yrs old), LA, SB and Orange counties. I think it's a melting pot of smog, great food, gang members, various shades of immigrants, and some really nice people. It's not any ONE thing. I don't go downtown or near downtown unless I have to, but I really love the suburbs. I live just east of Pasadena off the 210 now and love it. It just depends on where you go, and what company you surround yourself with.

I AGREE WITH #4, IF YOU GO INTO DOWNTOWN IT FEELS LIKE TIJUANA!! ADD IN ALL THE FAKE PEOPLE , TRAFFIC AND POLLUTED BEACHES AND BOOM THEY ARE CORRECT!!
Born and rasied her it saddens me to see what L.A. has come to. poor leadership, poor policing, poor street and sidewalk maintenance, wilshire blvd is a fifth county street. BUT I was very upset at Garth Kemp making his comment this morning " BUT THEY STILL KEEP COMING". HOW RUDE WAS THAT. I am embarrassed that we are labeled unfriendly, we need to try harder, be more polite to each other and our guests.
THE IS THE REPORT CARD FOR THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL. THEY FAIL.