|From Zuma's LA Daily Blog|
Los Angeles City Councilmember Richard Alarcon declared class-warfare on Los Angeles during Wednesday's Council meeting with his "luxury tax" ordinance.
Due to the fact that I called him a "dumbass" and was kicked out of chambers, I didn't see the final vote yet, but not all the CMs support alarCON on this.
First of all, Alarcon immediately had to amend the ordinance that would tax homes over 5000 square feet, by adding 5000 square feet homes, that use over 4000 killowatts, or more, of electricity each month."
Some of alarCON's reasons included:
* This amount of money isn't that much to billionaires. (Richie, not all people who own homes of that size are billionaires.)
* "These people have been blessed by the wealth L.A. has provided them." (So I guess all people living in these size homes made all their money in L.A., and the city provided the wealth to them.)
* "For people with homes of these sizes, they would be able to afford it." (Excuse me, CM Richard a-CON, HOW DO YOU KNOW?!?! I thought you were a communist/socialist...NOT A MIND-READER!!! Some people inherit these big homes and can barely pay the property tax and maintence fees. A lot of people lost a lot of wealth due to the home foreclousres in YOUR area, because no one read the contracts, or didn't care. AND NOW THIS SUB-PRIME FORECLOSURE PROBLEM IS THE CAUSE OF ALL OF THIS ECONOMIC CRISIS.
* "We need to spread the fortune around." (We do?)
ALARcon complained that the reason this small percentage of homeowners should be targeted is because the city is desperate to raise revenue...and all of the cost-cutting ideas like special event fee moritoriums, or Zuma Dogg's idea that council says, "no" to their automatic raises (ZINE PUBLICLY STATED THAT HE AGREED TO A SALARY CUT DURING THESE TIMES) won't be enough...
SO ALARCON'S BIG SOLUTION IS TO PULL THIS SOCIALIST/COMMUNIST NON-SENSE. He kept reminding people that we have to close a ($500 million) budget deficit, and that this should be considered in that light. THIS GUY IS A WACKO!
Here's the problem I have with this Richard...once you become an elected official, you have to represent the city as a whole. Not your own social and national ideals. I am against this, because it targets one group of people.
IF ALARCON IS SO DESPARATE TO RAISE REVENUE, HOW ABOUT THIS:
* Crack down on all the illegal vending and taco trucks that rob the rent paying, tax paying businesses of revenue.
* Have Building and Safety inspect all the garages in Alarcon's district for people living in garages. Create a tax for homeowners who have people living in their garages. When people live in garages, instead of homes or rentals, it robs the city of revenue.
* Give back his automatic raise that he will get and save it for the general fund.
* When someone takes their paycheck and sends it out of the country, tax the transaction. ($1 tax per transaction would close the deficit on the first week!)
* Only hire legal citizens on all city projects and in all city departments.
OR HOW ABOUT THIS RICHARD...WHY NOT JUST COME OUT AND SAY IT...
"TAX EVERYONE WHOSE NET WORTH IS $100,000, or more and give the money directly to everyone at risk of home foreclosures who signed predatory sub-prime loans. (Those poor victims.)
MORE TO COME...
AND I HOPE RICHARD ALARCON KEEPS HIS MOUTH SHUT AND DOESN'T COME UP WITH ANY MORE DEVISIVE "CLASS-WARFARE" IDEAS. I KNOW HE HATES THIS COUNTRY. I KNOW HIS SISTER IS A BIG SHOT IN THE CALIFORNIA COMMUNIST PARTY...
GO WORK FOR THEM. THIS IS AN ELECTED BODY REPRESENTING A CITY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
And remember, Richard Alarcon has stated publicly that it doesn't matter if all the AM Talk Radio host from John and Ken to Kevin James scream and yell about all the stuff Alarcon proposes...Richard reminded everyone in attendance, more people watch the Univision news than all the ENGLISH talk radio stations combined. So Alarcon is playing a percentage game. He knows each illegal immigrant will have five or six kids and they will eventually turn eighteen, and the plan is to tax the middle class into bankruptcy, and then Alarcon and Villaraigosa can, "spread the fortune around" by handing as much of it over for entitlements. SORRY WACKOS...GAME OVER. THE COUNTRY IS BROKE, YOU BIG DUMMY! Why don't you focus on a "preditory lending" seminar and fight to keep everyone in their homes without paying a penny.