Monday, January 12, 2009

E.A.A. ENDORSES NICK PATSAOURAS OVER WENDY GREUEL FOR L.A. CITY CONTROLLER

E.A.A. ENDORSES NICK PATSAOURAS OVER WENDY GREUEL FOR CITY CONTROLLER:
The headline says it all. The 10,000 member Engineer and Architects
union has endorsed Nick Patsaouras over Wendy Greuel, and now it isn't
the "slam dunk" for Wendy that she thought it was going to be. Zuma
Dogg spoke with one Los Angeles City Councilmember today who say, "She
thought it was going to be easy but now she has a run for her money."

TOM LABONG AND ELEPHANTS: I know LA City Councilmember Tom LaBong
wants to keep the elephant at the LA City Zoo because it is in his
district. But I just heard Tom on the radio again hollering how what a
huge loss it would be for the world if the city is short one elephant.
And it reminded me, once again, how people have commented to ZD, "I
wish they would be this concerned and spend this much time talking
about (insert critical human issue here). SO I WANT TO WARN CM LABONG,
HE'S ABOUT ONE RADIO SOUNDBITE AWAY FROM BEING THE "ELEPHANT GUY" IN A
JOKER/CLOWN WAY. Tom...I know it's a lot of money at stake, but as a
political strategist I would start becoming concerned that you are
about to become stereotyped as a joker councilmember.

ZUMA DOGG MEETS QUARTERLY ETHICS FILING DEADLINE: I know a lot of my
friends and supporters have been concerned that I would "F" up on the
ethics filing stuff. So I wanted to let everyone know that I just left
the Ethics Commission on the 24th floor of city hall and signed the
one page form which was all that was required for my campaign at this
point.

PAYPAL DONATIONS DURING A ZUMA DOGG FOR MAYOR CANDIDATE CYCLE: I know
some of you may be concerned that if you donate to Zuma Dogg, to help
support him as a blogger and City Council watchdog (showing up to the
council meetings, in person) -- it may cause an ethics conflict for
either you or me, during this election season. YOU CAN DONATE TO ZD ON
PAYPAL...WITHOUT ANY ETHICS COMMISSION CONCERN. I just went over it
again. If you contribute money, and I use it to buy signs or flyers or
whatever (related to the campaign) then I have to declare it. OR, if
you MAKE the signs and fliers for me, then I have to declare it. But
at this point, I'm just holding on trying to make it through the day.
SO PLEASE PAYPAL TO HELP KEEP ZUMA DOGG BARKING AND BLOGGING...And if
you have any specific spending you want to do for the campaign -- and
specifically DO NOT want it to just go to food and gas...contact
ZumaDogg@gmail.com.