Thursday, April 9, 2009

Kinda Surprising DWP Warns of SHUTTING OFF WATER in July...BUT NO ONE IS MENTIONING IT IN THE MEDIA?!?!?

SATURDAY 4/11/08 11:AM UPDATE: I spoke with DWP GM David Nahai on Friday to discuss all of this. I'll try to type up the notes and blog it, if I can get in front of a computer for long enough. If the DWP "conservation pricing" is important to you, and want to know right away, it would be easier for me to just tell you by phone if you don't see a new blog post about it. Phone number is posted on this blog.

I REALLY don't know what it will take to get the media to take the situation the City of Los Angeles is in, seriously?

After discovering that DWP (Department of Water and Power) announced that the motion (rejected by council this week, due to council's lack of preparedness -- but WILL be back in two weeks and WILL pass, because it HAS to pass, because we ARE in a MASSIVE water crisis, beyond what people who work in media seem to realize) calls for MANDATORY RATIONING, and if you do not cut back after the initial "conservation" rate kicks in, YOU WILL BE CUT OFF!

And this is not a swipe at DWP. It is to try and have people understand -- THIS IS A VERY BIG DEAL!



I'm gonna try and post the details, but MANDATORY RATIONING is coming because it NEEDS to come. Each user will get a certain amount and after that you are clipped!



More to come if I don't drop dead on the street this afternoon. My body is down to the wire.