Friday, April 3, 2009

VIDEO: Zuma Dogg PUBLIC COMMENT from Today's City Council Meeting (THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY EDITION!)

April 4, 2006 was the first time I went to City Hall for what I thought would be a one time trip for public comment.

Today, being April 3, 2009, I wrapped up three years of public comment and look at the trail that has been left behind. From LA Weekly; to ABC News Nightline; to Good Day L.A.; to Bill Handel (KFI); to coming in 4th of 10 candidates in the mayor's election (without spending money, just putting my name on the ballot) to all the awareness that has been raised since the first council meeting. It's been a whirlwind.

But as of today, I am in DEEP trouble. Zuma Dogg has tremendous momentum, and "As U Can See" in these public comment video links from today's Los Angeles City Council meeting in Van Nuys, ZD is doing great, and the public comments have never felt better on more important issues that no one else is discussing.

But Dave is barely hanging on, and it's Friday, not meeting until Tuesday, been living on the streets all year (haven't slept in a bed in one full year); and really not too comfortable with another Friday, in the nice spring weekend, and I only have less than $5 bucks for the rest of my life. I WOULD LOVE TO PIG OUT AT AN ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI BUFFETT!!! Man, am I hungry. I wish I could leave this stuff out of the triumphant three year anniversary post, where the Daily News featured me in their story today; had great public comments all month; and carry on...

BUT I'M TELLING YOU PEOPLE...IT'S PRETTY DARK FOR DAVE OUTSIDE COUNCIL CHAMBERS...I WISH I COULD GET MYSELF OUT OF THIS RUT...But I gotta get off the streets...I'm LESS able to help myself than ever. I NEED HELP. But my world has really gotten small. No more local ties in Cleveland. I CAN'T STABILIZE MYSELF.

I don't need a vacation, and don't want to stop doing activism or slow down...I WANT TO DO MORE...it's just a matter of no food, and sleep deprivation...AND MAINLY, even with sleeping in a vehicle for a few hours...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CONSTANT BEING OUT ON THE STREETS THE OTHER 16 HOURS OF THE DAY. I AM BURNT!!! I CAN'T GO BACK TO MY HOMETOWN FOR A BREAK. I AM STARVING AND REALLY, REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE.

IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONATED TO ZUMA DOGG OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS...TODAY, ON THIS MISERABLE, UNCOMFORTABLE, PANIC-RIDDEN THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY...AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE ZD RELAX AND BE HAPPY FOR A FRIDAY NIGHT, PLEASE DONATE.

(I KNOW WHO HAS DONATED ALREADY, SO DON'T DONATE IF YOU HAVE BEFORE. Let some of these others pick up the slack if they love ZD at city hall, so much. AND I AM HERE TO TELL YOU PEOPLE...it is the people with the least, under the tightest circumstances who have been pitching in to keep ZD going to City Hall for the council meetings....SO ON THIS THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY, IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, WITHOUT RUINING YOUR MONTH...MAYBE THIS WOULD BE THAT ONE TIME...cause this is the ONE time, I just wanna enjoy myself tonight and wake up tommorow on a nice spring day, and try and remember what a panic-free Saturday morning feels like. And now, on with the countdown. (So what, KCRW has annual fundrasiers, this is my tri-annual.)

ZUMA DOGG PUBLIC COMMENT FOR APRIL 3, 2009:

Zuma Dogg 3 Year Anniversary PUBLIC COMMENT

“...Mr. Zuma Dogg on item 10/REAP (Rent Escrow)....”

“...Zuma Dogg on CONTINUED Special Event Fee Waiver BAMBOOZLEMENT...”

“...Mr. Zuma Dogg on Status of WOMEN Conference...”

“Zuma Dogg on Unfriendly Business Environment and SAFE PASSAGE...”

ZumaTIMES.com