Saturday, June 13, 2009

How Many Millions of Dollars Would You Have To Spend To Achieve To Awareness (& Credibility) Zuma Dogg Has Achieved With NO Money Spent In Media

As I was just handed the "refill" cup of coffee I was able to buy for only .50 cents by using the cup I had leftover from yesterday, the person behind the counter handing me the coffee cup back said, "I think I voted for you for Mayor." (I hope they said, "they think" because they weren't sure it was "Zuma" as opposed to know remembering or even knowing in the first place who they voted for mayor only three months ago.)

And, there was some buzz at an empty cafe I walked into on Friday when there was a buzz at the only table of people inside. After I left with the person I was with, they told me the people were saying it was, "Zuma Dogg" and were talking about me. (I DID hear someone say, "He's a rapper" but I didn't think they were talking about me at the time. Wish I knew...would have soaked up some triumphantness.

Or when my friend who works at the local video store called me to say, "Zuma Dogg, How's that soy milk?" As it turned out, I was just standing in line at the grocery store and bought one of those little soy milk drinks. The couple in line behind me went to the video afterward, and told the video clerk they just saw Zuma Dogg getting some soy milk at the grocery store.

Ironically, the people in line gave NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER that they knew who I was, at all. And they didn't know the video clerk was my friend with my cell phone on speed dial...so he called them to put me on the phone with them, cause they were just too intimidated to say anything to me and didn't want to bother me, but the first thing they do is start telling people like the guy behind the counter at the video store.

HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU THINK A POLITICIAN OR HOLLYWOOD PRODUCER WOULD PAY TO TRY AND ACHIEVE THE INTENSE LEVEL OF "WORD OF MOUTH" AND WITH THE TYPE OF CREDIBILITY AND APPRECIATION THAT I HAVE GENERATED AND ACHIEVED WITHOUT A DOLLAR SPENT ON WRITERS, PRODUCERS, AGENTS, MARKETING DEPARTMENTS AND WITHOUT A DOLLAR SPENT ON NEWSPAPER, RADIO, TV OR BILLBOARD ADS.

All of this generated by one person crawling up off the sidewalk each day and using nothing more than the non-material energy inside him and thoughts in his head and words that he speaks.

ALL OF THIS FOUNDED UPON NOTHING BUT MY THOUGHTS, WORDS AND ENERGY. NOT A DOLLAR ON ADVERTISING.

And you couldn't achieve it with millions of dollars spent. Hollywood and Politicians try it all the time. Think about it...200 plus channels on cable TV with a non-stop river of high budget Hollywood blockbusters and original programming costing a million per episode with billboards, commercials and entire national broadcast networks behind it...

but people were watching the zuma dogg show and he is a legendary icon recognized throughout the day on a daily basis; and a lot of the time I never even know I am being recognized by people, as stated above. So I'm even HUGER out there that I realize. Maybe other people realize it. They try and tell me. But so far, nothing but crickets when it comes to anything that will allow me to eat today as I worry about my health and have to let all my activism just slide because it requires too much concentration and focus.

Ha ha. You can't achieve with millions what I effortlessly and easily do for free, just by thinking then expressing it. LOSER!

Can you image what would happen if I was doing this with some of that professional media support instead of achieving all of this as a homeless and hungry person sleeping on the streets and sleep deprived. I don't know how I do it. I must be far more amazing than I realized. People DO tell me on a daily basis, but I guess I take it for granted because I am too worried about my discomfort and hunger. So although people THINK Zuma Dogg has provided a lot of value as a comedian making people feel good, or as an activist standing up and pushing as hard as I can each and every day for things that don't affect me...there obviously ISN'T any REAL value, because it's all going away as I will end up completely shut down for physical reasons alone on the street. But I have a lifetime of amazing good memories. And you can't eat or survive or live one too many days on the street of off memories, but they are good at helping you through the discomfort that goes along with the decline.