Thursday, July 30, 2009

Zuma Dogg For City Council (CD2): Will Work With Community on LAUSD Innovative Community "Take Back" Plan!

Even though being an L.A. City Councilmember is one of the most thankless and pain in the butt jobs in the world; the reason I am taking on the challenge this election by placing my name on the ballot to become the next City Councilmember of District 2 is because, just like radio, it allows for a lot of creative, strategic and innovative energy in the challenge. And that's what I have always thrived on.

So I am here to boldy proclaim, that Councilmember Zuma Dogg will be the most creative, strategic and innovative force that the city has ever seen; and the energy will spread to others.

Think abou this: YOU HAVE HEARD OF ME.

That's it..."You have heard of me."

Why should that be?

I am not an elected official who has been collecting a paycheck, perks and benefits?

I am not a paid professional news reporter...or lobbyist...or Political Action Committee or developer with projects...or ANYTHING.

Just one general member of the public. One concerned citizen. And you have heard of me.

So obviously, as someone who has been living on the street; without a lot of money for food and whatnot. AND YOU HAVE HEARD OF ME BECAUSE OF THE FOCUS OF MY ENERGIES AS A SINGLE CONCERNED CITIZEN.

So I think I have proved I can create some kind of energy and force out of creativity, strategy and innovation. (In other words, they say there's never been anyone like me who has pulled off this level of awareness in the city over such political matters.)

Imagine if I have the powers of the office to continue to reflect the community in the way that I have been doing as a hobby because I enjoy it for over three years!

AND HERE'S THE FIRST THING I AM EXCITED ABOUT IN THIS AREA OF STRATEGY, CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION: Helping LAUSD parents and other concerned community members "take real control" of failing LAUSD schools!!! Zuma Dogg is here to say, THE PARENTS AND COMMUNITY HAVE A REAL OPPORTUNITY...IN A REAL AND MEANINGFUL WAY...AS NEVER BEFORE...TO ORGANIZE AND LITERALLY "TAKE OVER" YOUR LOCAL LAUSD SCHOOL!

When I got into City Hall activism, I really started to try and figure out the biggest problems and where all trails led to...IT'S THE SCHOOL SYSTEM!!!

LAUSD IS A DROP-OUT FACTORY THAT CANNOT PRODUCE ENOUGH QUALIFIED GRADUATES TO BE HIRED FOR LOCAL JOBS LIKE TEACHERS, POLICE, ENGINEERS, FIRE, ETC!!! Then they turn into drop outs; and the smartest geniuses of the drop outs end up rising to the top and running the gangs that we end up have to fight.

And, I think LAUSD is the most tangle-up, mixed-up, ABSOLUTLEY IMPOSSIBLE organization, that is ABSOLUTELY HOPELESS...and BARACK OBAMA NEEDS TO FLY IN TO ATTEND THESE BOARD MEETINGS AND START YELLING ABOUT IT LIKE ZUMA DOGG!!!

When I ran for mayor, late last year/early this year; when people would ask, "What do you plan to do about the schools?" I would always say how important I felt the issue was (most important!), I would also have to say, "Unfortuatley, it's not under City jurisdiction and you cannot take direct control."

HOWEVER...it appears things may be changing: You may have heard of the "Parents Revolution" (L.A. Parents Union). They are picking up momentum and ZD says will REALLY be picking up even much more momentum, very soon. And they are there to help parents and community members of a school, get a petition going...where if you get 51% of parents of the school, and even parents who MAY have kids attending the school in a couple years, or so. They say, "If 51% of the parents at your school sign the petition demanding a better school, we will guarantee your child a great school, in your neighborhood, within three years."

You can either choose to turn it into a Charter school; OR, you can LITERALLY install your own ciriculum and make all the program decisions. Overall...OPTIONS, Y'ALL!!!

AND, at the end of August, LAUSD will be voting on an item that will allow them to "strip away" control of FAILING schools, and hand them over to people who present themselves to the board, along with a PLAN to operate the school.

THERE WILL BE ENORMOUS PRESSURE FOR LAUSD TO APPROVE THIS.

So something that presented itself to me today, through a conversation I was having with someone who was congratulating me on my CD2 candidacy, ended up inspiring me proclaim the first creative, strategic and innovative energy I want to put out there as an ACTIVIST, and will expand through my candidacy and hopefully into office is: ZUMA DOGG WANTS TO PUSH HARD AND GET OUT THERE TO RAISE AWARENESS THROUGHOUT THE COMMUNITY AND PUT THEM IN TOUCH WITH COMMUNITY LEADERS WHO CAN MAKE PARENTS AND NEIGHBORS AWARE THAT WITH ONLY 51% OF THE PARENTS...YOU CAN TAKE CONTROL OF THE SCHOOL!!!

It takes a lot of parental and community involvement...but if you are a parent or property owner/resident, who is SICK of the LAUSD plauge in your neighborhood...ZUMA DOGG IS READY TO HELP GET THOSE PETITIONS SIGNED...AND OFFER ALL THE IDEAS AND STRATEGY I CAN THINK OF...AND PUSH FOR THIS.

Zuma Dogg is "YES" on this new and innovative opportunities that will allow commmunities to finally do what they always wished they could. KICK LAUSD BEAURACRACY OUT OF THE BUILDING!!! And again...it ain't gonna happen with just Zuma Dogg and Lydia Grant.

The Parents Union isn't going to knock down your door to MAKE you do it. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE. YOU HAVE TO ASSUME THE LEADERSHIP ROLE! YOU JUST HAVE TO START DOING IT!!! YOU COMPLAIN THAT YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER WHEN YOU DIDN'T HAVE A SAY.

Now there is an opening...and ZD, as an activist, and/or candidate wants to speed this thing up as quickly as possible and raise as much awareness as possible. So looks like I can already use my platform as City Council candidate to start pushing on this!

IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS AND WANT TO GET IT STARTED IN YOUR AREA, SEND AN EMAIL TO ZUMADOGG@GMAIL.COM!