Saturday, August 1, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: Zuma Dogg Hosts LIVE COMMUNITY EVENT on Thursday Sept 17th (Including LAUSD Parents Revolution Rally!)

Mark your calanders for THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 17th for the first semi-professionally promoted LIVE Zuma Dogg Event EVER!

Yes, I have held a couple events at Casa Princesa that I promoted on my blog..but someone contacted me today that promotes events throughout the city, in a more professional and bigger scale, and he wanted to do something with me since he sees I made it onto the ballot for the CD 2 City Council election. So the promoter will be printing up signs and fliers as he does for the other bar promotion events in town. And he has a connection with a nice space in Sherman Oaks with nice, upscale bar and catered dinner, like an actual fundraiser event. Ticket details will be released later, but you'll be able to get in for the open bar and appetizers for a "ZD level price" or pay a more fundraiser friendly price. ($20-$100 range...you can pay the basic $20 to cover expenses...or pay more to help fundraise for the campaign.)


[Looks like the Tonight Show set! Look at that stage, y'all!]


The main thing is, I just wanna have a big, fun event for everyone from the old-school "Zuma Dogg Show" fans over the past NINE (9) YEARS (today, Saturday is THE, THE, THE 9 year anniversary of the first ZD show airing on L.A. cable); a chance for people who want to help get out the word to vote to stop by and pick up flyers and posters (plus whatever else I have printed up like T-shirts, hopefully)...AND;

"On American Top 40, I'm Casey Kasem. We're up to our NEW, #1 issue on the countdown; and the BIG push and FOCUS of the ZUMA DOGG LIVE EVENT, just announced, this Thursday Septmeber 22nd. This new issue is certainly nothing new, but due to a new community, grassroots movement, this issue make a rare DEBUT ON THE CHART, entering in the #1 spot!

It's about kids, parents and teachers and crime and a never-ending cesspool of infinite, impossible to manage, selfish-beauracracy...that hurts kids; LAUSD!

Earlier this week, I blogged about the "Parents Revolution" (Aka: L.A. Parents Union). AND ZUMA DOGG IS ALL IN! When I ran for mayor, I used the opportunity to raise awareness on "No on Measure B." This time, as I run for City Council, I will be using the opportunity to help raise as much MASSIVE AWARENESS on this plan to take back the schools, one community at a time.

SO IN ALL THE PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS (FLIERS/POSTERS) I TOLD THE PROMOTER I WANT TO MAKE SURE PART OF THE MESSAGE IS TO GET PARENTS AND OTHER COMMUNITY MEMEBERS TO COME OUT TO THIS EVENT WHERE PETITIONS AND INFORMATION CAN BE AVAILABLE AND ZD (AND ANYONE ELSE FROM THE MOVEMENT) WILL SPEAK MORE ABOUT IT, SHOW SOME VIDEOS ABOUT IT.

I can see the LAUSD Parents part being earlier at like 6pm or 7pm...then having the party part start after that.

AND, of course...EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN SAVING THE SCHOOLS AND THE KIDS...

Zuma Dogg will be performing his Vegas-style Karaoke Review...INCLUDING, JUST ADDED...Michael Jackson material (Man in the Mirror, Billie Jean, I Want You Back).

THAT ALONE IS WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION AND THE CITY SHOULD PICK UP THE TAB FOR THIS ENTIRE EVENT, JUST LIKE THEY DID FOR AEG, THE SECOND I SING MY FIRST, "Hee, hee, HEE!"

SO THE MAIN THING IS, MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2009: For the biggest event since McCartney played Cochella and something that may turn out to be almost as big as the Lakers parade. (And I'm sure my supporters will boo him just as hard, even if it's a little less people.)

THURSDAY, THURSDAY, THURSDAY!!!! SEPTEMBER 17th!

ZUMA DOGG LIVE EVENT & LAUSD PARENT REVOLUTION AWARNESS RAISER!

I leave you now, with this AT 40 extra: The #1 smash hit that started it all for Zuma Dogg. The theme song to his original cable to show that debuted nine (9) years ago, today. It's Zuma Dogg and "My Love." I'm Casey Kasem.




[Thanks, Casey. Maybe I'll perform this one live on the 17th if I can afford the royalty payments.]