Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Grand Jury Pays L.A. City Council A Visit (Looks Like It Was To Observe PUBLIC COMMENT!!!)

The calvarey has arrived! Or so it appeared today in Los Angeles City Council chambers as a bunch of people were taking up the first two rows of bleachers I usually sit in during the council meetings. So I look at the tags they are all wearing (two full rows full of people packed tightly) and it said:

GRAND JURY!!!

So Zuma Dogg immediatley hones in and starts conducting my own Grand Jury investigation of the Grand Jury's attendance in chambers. Trying to decided if it was just a "warm and fuzzy" field trip for some innocuous purpose, or because they were there to make Zuma Dogg's dreams come true that there is a Grand Jury investigation into Council. I called a few folks on the phone, including Mayor Sam's Michael Higby and asked around to some of the other people in the audience as to the degree of interest of this visit. I was told that the Grand Jury doesn't just take field trips for no reason.

They sat through the public comment, and then left after the last speaker...

BRAKES SCREETCH!!!!

SO WAS THE GRAND JURY THERE TO INVESTIGATE THE PROCESS OF PUBLIC COMMENT!?!?!?

I know Zuma Dogg contacted the ACLU a few months ago after Garcetti was pushing the line back a little too close for Zuma Dogg's First Amenment, Constitutional best interest. The ACLU returned by call and heard my story and I provided them with links to the violations as posted on my blog. The ACLU called back a couple weeks later and said that they would be sending out "a letter."

I THOUGHT THAT MEANT TO CITY COUNCIL. Maybe they meant a letter to the Grand Jury.