Saturday, September 26, 2009

City Council Run-off Election Challenge: Phone Call Banks and Mailer Fatigue: I DON'T KNOW IF THEY CAN TAKE ANOTHER ROUND OF FLIERS AND PHONE CALLS???

People always say, "How much are you getting paid to say that, Zuma Dogg?"

No, you don't get it...you have to pay me to STOP saying something!

If I'm not on the payroll, then I am just a free individual to say what I want, and I am like the evil mad strategist, who is here to simply post whatever pops into my head for all to see...and hope it doesn't rock the boat too much!!!

So here are some things I will be hoping to see in this election:

I was speaking with a friend who was doing some phone banking in the CD 2 election. And they told me people on the phone were saying things like, "If I get ONE MORE call for this election, I will vote AGAINST the candidate." A lot of of phone call fatigue.

AND, with the mailer blizzard that hit voters, they ain't too happy about that, either.

AND, NOW is when the REAL blizzard starts to move in.

SO YOU CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW MUCH FATIGUE THERE IS GOING TO BE WHEN EVEN MORE FLIERS GO OUT, BECAUSE THEY JUST HAD A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION...MAYORAL...CITY ATTORNEY...CONTROLLER ELECTION...THE CD 2 SPECIAL ELECTION...

AND NOW THE RUN-OFF.

So that becomes a problem for my gal, Christine, who is in the run-off against State Bankrupting Assemblymember Paul "Mr. Burbank" Krekorian (which sure beats Krackwhorian).

So how do you address the flier fatigue issue? (And I bet the political operatives don't even care about this, and will just move ahead with more of the same from round one...just more of it...and even uglier.)

Well, ZD feels you CAN'T just send out the same kind of fliers, this time!

ANSWER: This is where I really should stop, because even though I am not getting paid, the answer really would be able to help out Paul, too, just as much.

And maybe Chris' people won't even do it, and then it would be used against her. And then that would reflect poorly on me since I am supporting Chris.

So guess I'll stop here for now. But if you see some really innovative campaign fliers that you WANT to get and WAIT for...YOU'LL KNOW WHERE THEY CAME FROM. (Maybe I'll have to make my own independent expenditure mailing for Chris!)