Monday, September 21, 2009

Zuma Dogg Is Now Retired From Day to Day Activism and has made final city hall appearance

I didn't want to say anything, because I don't want to turn it into an election stunt to guilt people into voting for me and was going to wait until after the election this Tuesday to say something, but then if I wait until after the election, and I don't win, it will look like sour grapes, crybaby stuff...SO I'M GOING TO POST IT NOW, SINCE THE ELECTION IS NOW OFFICIALLY TOMORROW:

BREAKING NEWS?: I have already wrapped up my duties as a day-to-day political activist at city hall and have already transformed from the HULK back into David Banner (Saltsburg, actually) and I have turned back into the un-caring dummy that I was before city council illegally interfered with my income and eventually turned me into an unwitting citywide activist.

If I make the run-off, I'll be in full mode and will be very pleased to serve as Councilmember and feel I will be the best Councilmember in City history.

But if not, I think we've seen the last of Zuma Dogg at city hall for a long time and I won't be blogging about any of this stuff anymore. People like Nina Royal and others can carry on for Zuma Dogg at the council meetings on a day to day basis.

IF EVER THERE HAS BEEN A TIME TO WRAP UP MY TENURE AT CITY HALL...AFTER GIVING IT ALL I GOT FOR THREE YEARS, PREDICTING AND WARNING ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT JUST PUT THE CITY INTO A WEEK'S WORTH OF EMERGENCY BUDGET TALKS, IT'S NOW.

Now the city can deal with everything I have been saying over the past three years. It feels conclusive, and unless I decide I am going to do this the rest of my life while starving on the sidewalk...I FEEL IT'S A WRAP. (Give me a break. I stopped by for one council meeting and it turned into all of this. It's not a gig. I'm just a regular, very regular guy who got pissed off and wanted to make a point. IT'S BEEN MADE!)

BUT, I HAVE ENJOYED EVERY SECOND AT THE SAME TIME...AND IT HAS BEEN THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE (made me forget about my radio party days that I never thought I could top, but I just did) AND I WOULD LOVE TO DO EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING FOREVER!

I AM NOT BURNT OUT ON DOING IT, MENTALLY OR SPRITUALLY...IF I HAD $50 A DAY, EVERYDAY...I WOULD DO THIS THE REST OF MY LIFE AND COTINUE TO SLEEP ON THE STREET WHILE I DO IT! BUT I CAN'T DO IT PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY....IT'S OVER...DON'T SECOND GUESS IT...DON'T TELL ME YOU ARE SAD...IT'S A HAPPY OCCASION AND MY TRUE FRIENDS ARE HAPPY AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS, NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ME THAT I NEED TO KEEP GOING FOR WHATEVER REASON.

I'm not saying you have to pay me $189,000 to show up to city hall...but I can't do it for free anymore, that's for SURE. So it looks like it's either going to be "Councilmember Dogg" in the run-off, or I'll at least be PRETENDING to THINK ABOUT getting a job (and I haven't even done that much in three years.)

So again, seriously, and I know you think I have said this before so you think I am just saying it...SERIOUSLY: I HAVE RETIRED FROM DAY TO DAY ACTIVIST DUTIES AND BLOGGING AND ALL OF IT.

So in other words, ZUMA HAS ALREADY LEFT THE BUILDING as the day to day activist and I will not be in the political mix anymore and will not be staying abreast and ontop of things in the way that I have been.

I'm sure I'll blog on Monday and Tuesday about the election; and might stop by City Hall on Tuesday or Wednesday to thank everyone on TV 35 .

But it's all been said, the trail has been left on the internet through this blog and others...there's a lot of dust to settle. And if I'm in the run-off, I'll see you soon.

OTHERWISE...THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON I HAVE MET OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU ARE SPINNING AGAINST ME, NOW DURING AN ELECTION.

BOTTOM LINE: After over three years of misery fighting city hall...I finally feel good and like it's time to move on, and wanted to say it before the election, so I don't look like a sour grapes crybaby if I don't make the run-off. I'm already DONE, but just wanted to crank out the "last chance power drive" for these candidate forums and campaign which has been a lot of fun and ZD showed up and delivered as he was supposed to, and I FEEL GREAT IN KNOWING WE ARE ALL GOING TO FIND OUT EXACTLY HOW 3 YEARS OF ZD TRANSLATES INTO THIS ELECTION. Because although I didn't raise/spend money and do all that campaigning like Frank Sheftel and Mary Benson and others...ZUMA DOGG IS HAPPY WITH THE WAY IT ALL WENT. No excuses on my part on anything. I know there are shady, unfair obsticles and the little 7 don't get the level playing field as the special interest money candidates. But "The Zuma Dogg Factor" must be able to endure and overcome all of that. And that's what people want to find out. We couldn't really tell in the mayoral election, but this election, I say we're gonna find out.

So it should be alot of fun to find out how the past three years has just played out in an election. As a research expert in the radio and record industry, I say we are going to see what it's worth. And remember, I am not defined by my candidacy. It is an extention of my activism and a part of my activism and now, probably the season finale cliffhanger.

IT WILL BE A REAL MARKETING LESSON FOR A LOT OF POLITICAL OBSERVERS HOWEVER IT ALL PLAYS OUT.

ISN'T THIS EXCITING!