Well, when he said, "This Is It," he wasn't kidding. And when L.A. City Attorney Carmen "NUCH" Trutanich said Staples Center/AEG would be paying the city back for the Jackson Memorial, he was. BUT NOW, looks like it's all's well that ends well, because at least I was sent this spam email (maybe because I posted a Michael Jackson video on my blog today and because I am known for singing and performing just like him) -- OR, because I submitted my email address for FREE tickets for the Jackson Memorial Event (that I wouldn't have been able to attend, anyway, cause it was at the same time as "public comment" at the city council meeting) -- AND NOW THAT THERE IS A PAID MOVIE, THAT IS CERTAIN TO INCLUDE FOOTAGE FROM THIS EVENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY CITY OF LOS ANGELES TAXPAYER DOLLARS OUT OF THE GENERAL FUND -- and they know I have retired from council meetings, maybe they think I'll be able to go. Except this one isn't free. So, I'll just by the bootleg DVD off the downtown streets the day after THIS event.
MICHAEL JACKSON'S "THIS IS IT": ADVANCE SHOWINGS
Local L.A. Icon "Zuma Dogg" Sings "Billie Jean" (duet w/Michael Jackson) LIVE at Fry's in Woodland Hills, last week. What a dynamic duo!
More videos by Zuma Dogg
Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT
Celebrate the Global Launch of Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT at the new Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 by attending a special advance screening to the highly anticipated film.
Tickets for the special advance screenings go on sale exclusively at L.A. LIVE on Sunday, September 27th at 12:01 AM.
These first Public Screenings will start at 9 PM on October 27th on each of the 14 screens of the new Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14.
L.A. LIVE is the only location worldwide where Michael Jackson’s biggest fans can buy tickets in person for the special advance screenings.
Be the first to buy tickets and be the only fans to have the opportunity to receive one of the special London concert commemorative lenticular tickets which were inspired and designed by Michael Jackson.
To Purchase Special Advance Screening Tickets
- Only 3,000 for the special advance screening tickets are available; numbered wristbands will be issued
- Limit of 2 tickets per person
- The first 500 fans to line-up and purchase two tickets will receive an authentic, one-of-a-kind THIS IS IT lenticular concert ticket from the London concerts which were inspired and designed by Michael Jackson. (Limit one commemorative ticket for every two movie tickets purchased.)
- Line-up begins Thursday, September 24th at 5:00 PM on Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE; fans must remain in line until on-sale begins
- No internet sales will be available for the special advance screenings; later shows will be available for purchase online
- Special Advanced Screenings on October 27th mark the Grand Opening of Regal Cinemas Stadium 14 at L.A. LIVE
- No line-ups before Thursday, September 24th at 5:00 PM (Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE)
- No tents
- No alcohol
- No cooking on-site
- Limit one chair per person
- Smoking in designated areas only
- Only eight medical marijuana collectives within walking distance
- No boom boxes – music will be provided
- Must remain in line to hold your spot; tickets go on sale on September 27th at 12:01 AM
- Line monitors will issue passes for restrooms, food breaks and to those attending events at STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, Club Nokia or Conga Room
Parking for overnight line-ups is available in Lot 4 (963 Francisco Street, northwest side of Olympic & Francisco) starting at 4:30 PM on Thursday, September 24th. Overnight parking for those waiting in line is FREE. Parking for line-ups will be closed once the maximum of 1,500 wristbands have been distributed.