Saturday, September 5, 2009

STUDIO CITY FLASH FLOOD ALERT: WATER MAIN BREAK THREATENS SERVICE, Ventura Blvd Closures

11:30 PM UPDATE: The flares are out and Ventura Blvd is close at Whitsett, heading northbound toward Coldwater Canyon Blvd. It's probably closed at Coldwater, too where the water main broke.

12 MID UPDATE: My only experience of this situation is being stuck on this street block on Ventura Blvd in Studio City between Coldwater and Whitsett, but judging by the river of water still flowing on both sides of the street after over two hours, I have a feeling a lot of residents and businesses will be affected for quite a while, because this infrastructure water main pipe is BLOWN BIG TIME...and I don't think you just tape it back up in a day or two. (See relentless Zuma Dogg public comments on density vs old/outdated infrastructure and concern that city cannot certify water accommodation for all the continued added density. WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING ME RIGHT!?!? I DON'T EVEN FEEL AHEAD OF THE CURVE OR SMART ABOUT THIS...YOU ARE JUST DUMB CITY OF L.A. AND THIS IS ALL SO OBVIOUS!!!)

12:30 AM UPDATE: O.K., when do I get a break? NOW, the only way for me to leave this block to get to where I need to sleep tonight, I will have to walk through the river, or wait until they finally turn the water off (that is still spouting 10 ft high at Coldwater). So I woke up at 7:30am to the sound of construction workers on Saturday, and now can't get to my things or place where I am sleeping, because I am LITERALLY stuck on this block, surrounded by water. Eventually, unless I hitchhike a ride from someone across the street, I'll be walking through the sea, and Moses ain't here to part it for me cause it ain't Easter Sunday. UGH! CITY COUNCIL IS HAVING THE DOUBLE-LAST LAUGH NOW! AND THEY ARE ON VACATION AGAIN THIS WEEK SO I CAN'T ADDRESS THE ISSUE AT PUBLIC COMMENT!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

We finally got the LA River tonight, and Ventura Blvd between Coldwater and Whitsett looks like a river flowing on BOTH sides of the street, overflowing parking lots, crosswalks and is overflowing onto the sidewalk. Roco's Restaurant is flipping out as they try to keep the water from flooding the restaurant.

THIS IS NO FIRE HYDRANT!!! THIS HAS TO BE A MAIN WATER LINE THAT BROKE.

As a candidate for Los Angeles City Council in this CD 2 distrtict experiencing this crisis, I would like to remind my future compadre councilmembers that I have been warning of the effects of too many high density projects around not enough infrastructure and you cannot accommodate the water needs. I HAVE WARNED OF THIS RELENTLESSLY? (See "Tract Maps")

AND I SURE HOPE NO ONE'S SAFETY IS AT RISK OVER THIS BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE RELY ON WATER AND YOU COULD HAVE PUT OUT ALL THE FIRES IN SUNLAND WITH THE WATER THAT IS FLOODING THE CEMENT AREA OF THE DISTRICT!!!

NOW YOU HAVE THE FIRE ENGINES FOR THE FIRES IN SUNLAND-TUJUNGA AREA BEING SPLIT FOR THE WATER MAIN BREAK.

THERE GOES ALL THE WATER CONSERVATION DOWN THE DRAIN (SEWER ACTUALLY) THAT YOU JUST RAISED RATES OVER!

KEEP APPROVING THOSE HIGH DENSITY PROJECTS!!!

ZUMA DOGG FOR CITY COUNCIL!