Sunday, September 20, 2009

Zuma Dogg on Zuma Dogg For City Council

HERE IS A COMMENT I POSTED ON ANOTHER BLOG IN THE COMMENT SECTION IN RESPONSE TO A COMMENT ABOUT WHERE I LIVE. MAY AS WELL POST IT HERE SINCE THE BLOGS SEEM TO BE IN HYPER CAMPAIGN MODE:

Zuma Dogg said...I have spent more time speaking with the people ACROSS the disrtict than any of the other candidates...AND when you look at the issues affecting the district, it's not about decisions on the park benches that Council was having emergency budget meetings about, last week.

I've uncovered, predicted, warned and called for measures regarding things like Special Event Fee waiver reform, PENSION money at risk (IT WAS, THEY LOST IT, AND THAT'S A BIGGER PROBLEM THAT WILL AFFECT THE DISTRICT MORE THAN ANYTHING THAT IS BEING DISCUSSED AT AN NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL MEETING), illegal condo conversions, and that the infrastructure cannot handle the density being approved.

Ask previous Councilmember Wendy if Zuma Dogg represented the voice of her district against her over the past three years and ask her who has made her life more miserable than anyone else in the district.

ABOUT HER CONDO PROJECTS AND THE WAY TENANTS WERE BEING TREATED, bad constituent services and she always sticks up for the developers and I can go on from here.

And when I warned against added density when we don't have the infrarstructure to accomodate it all...WHICH DISTRICT WAS HIT BY THAT ONE WITH PIPES BURSTING AND WATER FLOWING DOWN THE STREET?

Sorry I wasn't born on the street that the pipe burst under, although I figured out there was a problem for the people who WERE born in the area -- and said something on the record. (Which other canidate did...over and over and over because they felt it was a critical issue?)

And sorry I didn't learn whatever I knew to discover BANKRUPTING amounts of pension money was at risk; or that I didn't go to high school in the area and don't know which park has the nicest tree to sit under for some shade.

I JUST AM GOOD AT FIGURING OUT WHAT IS COMING NEXT AND HAVE BEEN RIGHT EVERY STEP OF THE WAY -- AND IT IS NOW ALL COMING OUT AS WE APPROACH THE ELECTION.

BIG PICTURE STUFF!

I heard someone say "Candidate X was at the fire and was carrying (whatever)..." EXCUSE ME...IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE POSITION OF CITY COUNCIL MEMBER AND ARE EVALUATING BASED ON THINGS LIKE WHO SHOWS UP TO HOLD A PUPPY WHEN EVERYONE IS WATCHING...YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS AND DON'T KNOW WHAT MATTERS.

It's not a manual labor elected position and "holding" something like a puppy is not part of the job. That sounds like a good community member, but is not something I evaluate in what is going to work as a Councilmember.

If I walk around the community, and people recognize me as someone who fights for their community, then I'm part of the community.

And when you look at what I have done these past three years from the outside, as a single individual, I DON'T THINK IT WOULD HAVE MATTERED IF I WAS DRIVING IN FROM ORANGE COUNTY EVERYDAY IF I COULD HAVE CALLED THE PENSION EXPERTS IN FOR AN ACCOUTING OF THE SITUATION. Or anything else I've said.

TUESDAY. It's the PEOPLE's day. I know a lot of people are scrambling this weekend and pulling out whatever they can and everyone's panties are in a wad.

I've done what I have done for the past three years...it's been on TV 35, radio and my blog is one of the biggest blogs in the area. I feel a lot of momentum after these three intense years...so NO, I am not running all over passing out fliers and trying to get people to do stuff for me.

I've said all along, we are all going to find out how "Zuma Dogg on TV 35, radio, blogs and the rest of the media will translate into votes in a council election."

I did what I set out to do this election, and feel great about the process and the feedback! 3 years of intense media exposure. YEAH, no wonder all the other candidates have to scramble and panic and be all desperate this weekend. People don't know who they are except for a handful of their friends.

Zuma Dogg is stopped on the street by random strangers on a daily basis. You can't really buy that. And you can't really rally it up over the weekend. But everything helps. Someone just sent me an email calling me a "civic treaure." They didn't say it because they read a flier or picked up the phone and heard a robo call or because someone else tells them. People say whatever keeps them out of trouble with their friends at the time. But people are going to do what they want when no one is looking on Tuesday. ZUMA DOGG FACTOR, BABY!

ZUMA DOGG on Tuesday.