Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Zuma Dogg, who is smarter than and knows more about city government than most Council members, has become something of an urban folk hero"

Up until my retirement from day to day as city hall gadfly two days ago (HEY, it's been TWO DAYS and I already sat out ONE meeting!!!), I would speak with Ron Kaye on the phone, almost every day, and some days more than once, if the issue required it. And Ron voted for me for mayor...and during election campaign cycles, it was always frustrating to me, that Ron says so many nice things about my activism TO ME...ON THE PHONE...but NEVER on his blog or publicly. I guess nothing I have ever done over the past three years has been worth mentioning to Ron, even though he covers city hall on a daily basis. (My bad!)

No offense, but my city hall duties have been covered by LA Times, LA Weekly, Daily News, PBS, VH1, ABC Nightline, AM radio, KNBC/KCAL BOTH had me as political commentor during elections and FOX news has used my public comment clips in the past on their news.

And if you read Ron's blog, "Zuma Dogg" is a mere footnote with comments like, "why anyone like Zuma Dogg waste their time attending council meetings" and he mentioned me as being a "carpetbagger," yesterday. (So out of all the things I've uncovered and said and done, if you read Ron's blog, Zuma Dogg basically doesn't exist, except to mention "time wasting" and "carpetbagging."

SO I'M GLAD THAT NOW THE ELECTION IS OVER AND I HAVE RETIRED RON POSTED THIS TODAY FOR ALL TO SEE WHEN IT NO LONGER MATTERS.

"Zuma Dogg, who is smarter than and knows more about city government than most Council members, has become something of an urban folk hero, skewering City Hall foibles and failures in his frequent public comment appearances broadcast on Channel 35. His campaigns for mayor and now CD2 attracted respectable numbers of votes for a candidate who not only is penniless but homeless."

So there you go...he finally told everyone else what he has been telling me all along, now that the votes have been counted and I'm done with the mission and it doesn't count anymore. That's just how it will ALWAYS play out for me. I'm sure the second I drop dead on the sidewalk, Garcetti will announce there was a "Zuma Dogg Presentation and Proclamation" motion in the works already.