Thursday, November 26, 2009

VIDEO: Happy Thanksgiving From Zuma Dogg (City of L.A. Presents Turkey to ZD!)

Ah, the memories. Yes, it was a year ago ZD was in Eagle Rock/Linclon Heights area, blogging out of the world famous Casa Princesa when Huizar's deputy surprised Zuma Dogg with one, half de-frozen, City of L.A. charity turkey. ZD doesn't eat things that used to have legs, but a friend in the district was near by and was thrilled to get SOMETHING of value from the city.



Since this turkey, ZD ran for Mayor (just to get on FOX-11 "Good Day L.A." with Jillian & Dorothy), Nuch wasn't even in the run-off yet and exactly a year ago today called ZD to say, "if there is ONE thing I (Nuch) am thankful for, Zuma Dogg, it's meeting you." Since this turkey, I went from sleeping in a vehicle, to sleeping on the sidewalk, while maintaining my longest streak of council meetings. The LA Weekly article on public access featuring ZD -- and the ABC News Nightline segment featuring ZD was all happening around this time, a year ago. I hit the rock-bottom, low-point, where I couldn't really carry on for another day on the streets -- suffering from massive and intense sleep deprivation. So although a year later, I feel like I have aged 30 years -- the past year of burning rubber has paid off in the collective consciousness in the city, as the spirit of the community has kept me going and there is more awareness of ZD this year, by far than last year -- meaning more awareness on the fraud, waste and abuse at the City Hall level. And although I feel like a broken down piece of machinery, physically...looks like housing is coming SOON...DEC 1st, maybe...

AND THAT MEANS ZUMA DOGG WILL NOT BE HOMELESS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE MOST OF YOU HAVE KNOWN ME. CERTAINLY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A YEAR AND A HALF -- AND THE FIRST TIME SINCE THIS TURKEY VIDEO WAS FIRST POSTED.

So I'm still not sure if I am better off, or worse off this year, than last year. But if it all ends up with ZD in a "retirement" apartment in Venice to recuperate from the past year, I guess the street living will become "fond memories."

Zuma's Thanksgiving Radio Show (Part 1) - 12 Mid