Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Zuma Dogg SHUT DOWN Over Lack Of Funds.

This is fucking ridiculous. I went to sleep early, so I could get up early to attend today's city council meeting, but it didn't work out over dumb stuff, cause I don't have enough money to run my life. THERE WAS NO REASON I SHOULD HAVE MISSED THIS MEETING TODAY. I HAD PLANS TO MEET PEOPLE THERE AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TO EAT LUNCH AFTER WITH PEOPLE. AND YES, MISSING A FREE LUNCH TODAY IS A BAD ENOUGH REASON FOR BEING PISSED I DIDN'T MAKE IT DOWNTOWN TODAY. But these are the things that happen when you are trying to function a multi-media activist attack on empty pockets. So if I do something, I like to do it right. And I'm not going to waste my time trying to do something when I am missing council meetings over things out of my control (like your ride that promised to pick you up, not showing up...then it's too late to take the bus). AND I DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE CHARGER TO MAKE CALLS AND KEEP THINGS GOING.

So if they day comes when I have $100 in my PayPal account, I'll start it up again. Otherwise, I'm just gonna stay on the beach and enjoy that aspect of life and not try and knock myself out when I don't get to eat at the end of every day and I can't keep my energy up.

ENJOY ALL THE CONTENT POSTED OVER THE PAST WEEK. IT'S A LOT. And remember: NO ONE... I MEAN NO ONE figured out PENSION MONEY INVESTED IN RISKY WALL STREET SHENANIGANS AND BELLY UP DOWNTOWN REAL ESTATE...AND THEN RAISED ALL HELL OVER THE ISSUE. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PENSION STRUCTURE ITSELF...I AM TALKING ABOUT THE BILLIONS IN PENSION LOSSES THAT TURNED OUT TO BE OVER BULLSHIT WALL STREET SCAMS. (Madoff on crack=Villar's pension commissioners.)

I don't know of ANYONE or ANY MEDIA OUTLET in the city that was alerting the masses to this budget decline - EVERY STEP OF THE WAY ...from subprime, to Wall Street tanking, to pension money losses, to the prediction of the firing of 1000's, dangerous loss of services and the bankruptcy. When ZD was saying it, NO ONE WAS. I couldn't get ANYONE to talk or write about this stuff. NOW IT'S ALL COMMONPLACE and all the Paul Hatfields are blowing all their hot air, now...

It's like reading Zuma Dogg RETRO material from last year. And for the record, ZD is NOT a big fan of Paul's journalism. I was at the same budget and finance meeting as he was, yesterday, and I walked away with a very different take. AND IT DOESN'T DO ANY GOOD TO JUST REVIEW THE MEETING ITSELF LIKE ROGER EBERT. HOW ABOUT REPORTING ON WHAT WAS SAID??? IF YOU READ THE BLOG POST AND IT IS ONLY COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE MEETING AND DON'T TELL PEOPLE WHAT WAS SAID, IT IS A WORTHLESS POST.

Anyway, as usual, ZD is on to the next phase.

But today I'm just pissed cause I didn't make it to city hall, and if I had the cash for a cell phone charger I would have had a phone and been able to make other arrangements. SO I DON'T LIKE OPERATING AS INEFFICIENTLY AS THE CITY, ITSELF. I am not going to go to sleep early, so I can wake up early to get to the meeting, to meet people I told I would be there...only to miss out entirely.

And I guess there is no value in my blogging and activism anyway, cause no one is PayPal'ing.

THANKS TO RON KAYE, THOUGH, FOR HOOKING ZD UP WITH A $20 PORTRAIT OF ANDREW JACKSON, LAST NIGHT AT THE BUDGET MEETING! But I can't keep this ball rolling on $20 for the rest of my life.