- GRAND AVE PROJECT: Was supposed to create tons of jobs and revitalize downtown L.A. as "economic hub." City & County's BIGGEST failure EVER!
- When you read Andrew Cuomo's 24 pg report on Wetherly Captial PENSIONGATE shenannigans, makes you say, "NO ALTERNATIVE PENSION INVESTMENTS."
- RT @villaraigosa: Strong move by City Council -led by Parks, Perry, Smith, Reyes- to downsize LA City govt http://tinyurl.com/ykv79v2
- Council Prez says cutting civilians while protecting police seen as a "big pill to swallow." Mayor disagrees. http://tinyurl.com/ykv79v2
- ASSembly feathers stick together: ALARcon, Koretz, Krekorian the 3 and only NO votes on today's council action for 4000 layoffs for Wall St.
- "We're going to have to reduce the services we provide." - Former Assemblyman, Current L.A. City Councilmember Paul Krekorian
- "I don't think there is any way we can avoid significant layoffs and signifcant loss of services." - Former Assemblyman. CM Paul Krekorian
- "I don't know how we provide services to the city and I think it's a DEVASTATING mistake." - Paul Koretz. (Yeah, Paul; past 3 yrs has been.)
- 4000 layoffs is ONE THIRD of 12,000 general fund staff. That's enough to drag down the other two-thirds and bring ENTIRE DEPTS TO HAULT.
- RT @LANow: Cortines recommends who should run 30 campuses; charter schools wanted more http://bit.ly/aCD7vJ
- MY, how times have changed in ONE WEEK: Last week Garcetti said, "Let's revisit layoffs in 30 days." This week, "Layoff 4000 by any means!"
- When Wall St wants to see 4000 people layed off, which esentially shut city down, it's because they are only looking at numbers on a sheet.
- When you're sitting on 45th floor of NYC skyscraper, it's easy to say, "Layoff 5000 as a starting point" cause YOU won't have to LIVE here!
- WE HAVE? Is he a fortune teller?: RT @BarackObama: Our work is far from over, but we have rescued our economy from the worst of this crisis.
- BUFFOON OF THE DECADE AWARD RECIPIENT: Los Angeles City Councilmember Grieg Smith http://ow.ly/16C30E
- They Can't Even Run The City NOW...L.A. Council Agrees to 3,000 MORE Jobs Cuts by JULY 1st (HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!) ... http://ow.ly/16C30G
- I think the red rubber nose is about to be jammed onto Carmen Trutanich's nose by the People of L.A. if he's talking collective busts today.
- HEY TRUTANICH, TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF STEVE COOLEY'S ASS and worry about REAL SAFETY EMERGENCY before us. Collectives are NOT it, my man!
- HEY STEVE COOLEY & CARMEN TRUTANICH: The City just went BROKE over FRAUD, WASTE & ABUSE: I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT COLLECTIVES, CLOWNS!
- NUCH, when you have a thin staff and are using it to shut down collectives when WE have MASSIVE CRISIS in L.A., makes me say CUT HIS OFFICE!
- PERFECT TIMING: I think the BEST TIME to talk about laying off police is right after you just released THOUSANDS of prisoners early. FUN!
- "By any means necessary?" L.A. City line on laying 4,000 people. Does that mean shooting 4,000 people, if needed? That's REAL Elimination!
- City Council Votes to Cut 4,000 Jobs http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/City-Council-Votes-to-Cut-4000-Jobs-84741502.html
- RT @villaraigosa: Read my blog on what we're doing with LA's stimulus funds: http://bit.ly/9i3bmJ (WHATEVER IS IS, DIDN'T WORK! Squander!)
- TO REPEAT, #1 REFORM CITY OF L.A. MUST MAKE, above ANYTHING ELSE...LACER pension money MAY NOT be put into "Alternative Investments!" NOT #2
- #1 REFORM CITY OF L.A. MUST MAKE: LACERS pension $$$ MAY NOT be put into "Alternative Investments" on Wall St. READ CUOMO REPORT on my blog!
- JAN PERRY finally gets SOMETHING RIGHT!: During endless conversation on nutty NC $, suggested moving to REAL BUDGET in light of Moody's!
- GRIEG SMITH JUST CALLED FOR THE MAYOR to appoint a new General Manager for DONE to replace Bong Water Kim. Ha! ZD AGREES! What a loser!
- Ed Reyes whining that low-income people from other countries have "translation issues" (barriers) to Neighborhood Council participation. LOL
- Zuma Dogg L.A. City News Update For Thursday 2-18-10 (FOX 11 News Report on WASTED FEDERAL STIMULUS MONEY & Weather... http://ow.ly/16BFrf
- ANDREW CUOMO 24 PAGE INVESTIGATIVE DOCUMENT on Wetherly Captial & Hank Morris. ZD BROKE STORY! Here's 4-1-1 from Cuomo! http://ow.ly/18A3L
- LA Daily Blog had some TECHNICAL difficulty this week. I see some of my stats dropped to ZERO (0) for 2-17, while other stats still worked.
- FOX 11 NEWS Report on L.A. City WASTED FEDERAL STIMULUS MONEY ( A lot of money...hardly any jobs!) http://ow.ly/16BEmD
- $300 MILLION DOLLARS: That's how much Zuma Dogg estimates Meruelo Maddox owes City of LA in UNCOLLECTED TAX LIENS. Why did you let it slide?
- So how did LA use its Stimulus Dollars?: Most would think a couple hundred million bucks from the government would. http://bit.ly/aLTla6
- LA NEXT?: California city wants to start charging $300 for fire response 911 calls for RESIDENTS, $400 for non-residents.
Friday, February 19, 2010
L.A. City NEWS FEED Via Twitter (LA Daily Blog) - L.A. City Council Announces 4000 Layoffs "By Any Means Necessary"
[Having to call for the immediate elimination of 4000 jobs (and related services) brings a tear to Jan's eye.]
Posted by Zuma Dogg at 12:09 AM