Currently Posted at http://LACityNews.com
Los Angeles CAO Miguel Santana Says City's Spending is Running $63 Million More Than Expected (NOT THAT THEY HAVE IT, ANYWAY.)
Posted: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 03:52:00 +0000After nearly five years of watching the city refuse to put on spending brakes, it's amazing that even today, the CAO is saying City Hall is still spending beyond the City's means. There are a lot of things that come to mind YOU can probably think of cutting. Maybe you should show up at city hall to let them know this isn't the type of daily news you want to read in Daily News:
NOW STREAMING - Public Comment from 10-15-10 L.A. Council Meeting (Getting Combative - 1st Amendment Crackdown Becoming an Issue)
Posted: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:18:00 +0000Boy, Paul Koretz sure was in a hurry to stick up for his highly-indicted Assembly-crony, Richard Alarcon at today's L.A. City Council meeting. Apparently, Mr. Koretz (worthless, loser) feels the people shouldn't call in to account or hold councilmembers accountable for their actions, after destroying the city. LISTEN FOR YOURSELF. COUNT ALL THE TIMES DENNIS ZINE INTERRUPTED THE SPEAKERS -- CALLING THEM OFF TOPIC, WHEN THE ISSUES WERE RELEVANT TO THE ITEM. HERE IT ALL IS ON AUDIO. A FEDERAL JUDGE WILL BE RULING ON THIS. CITY WILL LOSE. NOW STREAMING at http://LACityNews.com.
MASSIVE Los Angeles City News Evening Update (10/14/10) - Time To Drag Villaraiogsa, Herb Wesson & Eric Garcetti into Roberto Aldape/LA Housing Dept Conflict (Corruption) Allegations
Posted: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 01:32:00 +0000
- [Pictured: Roberto Aldape...LOOKS like a nice guy. LAHD staff say, "otherwise." Will he be "resigning" soon?] (Roberto Aldape was appointed by Mercedes Marquez. The city was sued for $40 million dollars by a developer over Ms. Marquez. The developer agreed to DROP THE LAWSUIT, under ONE CONDITION: Mercedes Marquez HAD TO GO. (She did. To The White House.)
Hopefully, Washington, D.C. can absorb some more of our municipal waste and corruption. GET HIM OUTTA HERE!!! NOW!!! The clock is ticking on the opportunity for Los Angeles Housing Department Assistant General Manager Roberto Aldape to resign from his position. It's the close of the business day, and it has not been announced that he has "resigned," yet. And more and more information is being forwarded on additional "conflict" allegations. Like using city equipment & personnel (city money) on Villaraigosa's bogus ballot measures. But that's small stuff, compared to what else will be exposed on LIVE TV, during Friday's Los Angeles City Council meeting. HERE IS LINK to ORIGINAL LAHD "Conflict of Interest" memo from Sept 27, 2010 that SKYROCKETED to "Most Viewed", today. http://ow.ly/2TQee
Posted: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:38:00 +0000
Posted: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:04:00 +0000From L.A. Times:[ROOKIE ORGANIZERS GETTING FIRST TASTE OF CITY HALL TUG-OF-WAR TACTICS, THOUGH:]But before sanity can be reached, there’s been a little madness for the L.A. organizers. A permit for Pershing Square, the venue they had hoped to be the location of their organized chaos, was denied by the city earlier this week. It conflicted with preparations for the location's winter festivities, according to a Parks and Recreation spokesperson. (Oh, I'm just SURE it ABSOLUTELY, all of the sudden, did indeed conflict with event! ;-)“When we originally met with folks at Pershing Square a couple of weeks ago, they didn’t think there would be a problem getting a permit,” Lee said. “They actually issued us a permit number and an invoice. But when I went to pay the deposit, things changed. They’re gearing up for the holiday season. (And you wouldn't want to invite thousands of people to the area to spend at local shops. Keep business and tourism AWAY from the city! After all, these aren't shady multi-millionaires giving you bribes & illegal campaign contributions.)
MORE RECENT LA CITY NEWS POSTS:
L.A. City Council BALKS at Change for DWP Pension Reform of NEW HIRES by VETOING DWP's Plan. (Council Creates The Mess, Wants To Pile on MORE, then says, "NO" to Attempt To SAVE LOS ANGELES...IT'S OVER!!! THEY WILL NEVER AGREE ON A SOLUTION. GET OUT OF L.A., NOW!!! WARNING...MUY PELIGROSA!
F.B.I LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO L.A. DEVELOPER'S "IMPROPER GIFTS" To Public Officials & Thousands In Campaign Contributions! (STATE INSPECTOR GENERAL LAURA CHICK, "Appalled, Just Learned Of The Investigation." She DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE. OPEN YOUR EYES, LAURA!)
Posted: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 06:13:00 +0000Federal prosecutors have launched an investigation into a prominent Los Angeles developer accused of bilking taxpayers out of millions of dollars, building potentially unsafe apartments and possibly making improper gifts to public officials.RECENT L.A. CITY NEWS POSTS:
- L.A. CITY NEWS (10/12/10 - 10 PM UPDATE) Sad, Sad ...
- Today's L.A. City Council Meeting CANCELED for Lac...
- Los Angeles City News for Tuesday, October 12, 201...
- SEVERAL MILLION MISSING FROM L.A. HOUSING DEPT!!!! To: U.S. President Barack...
- L.A. City News Update for Monday, October 11, 2010...
- City Council Discusses Los Angeles Housing Dept CONFLICT OF INTEREST...
- L.A. City News NEW VIDEO from City Hall on L.A. HOUSING DEPT CORRUPTION...
L.A. CITY NEWS (10/12/10 - 10 PM UPDATE) Sad, Sad Commenarty From Students @ LAUSD Board Meeting, Council Meeting CANCELED & L.A. City Pension Fund LOSES another $700 Million (-5.7%) As 1/3 of EVERY CITY DOLLAR To Go To PENSION BAILOUT (L.A. to COLLAPSE!)
Posted: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 05:11:00 +0000
Los Angeles City News for Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - MORE L.A. Housing Dept Corruption Allegations (Is SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS MISSING FROM ACCOUNT) - AND L.A. City Loses $700 in Pension Money for June Period
Posted: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:05:00 +0000
Posted: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:13:00 +0000To: U.S. President Barack ObamaFr: The People of Los AngelesRe: Several Millions of Un-Accounted Dollars from L.A. Housing Department AccountDt: 10/11/10Mr. President,Perhaps you should have Mercedes Marquez call over to her Asst GM appointment in the Los Angeles Housing Department and see if he can find the SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS that no one can seem to account for.Only two things can be happening:1) The money is not being collected for whatever reason. And it is not the Asst GM's money to decided not to collect. It is the People of Los Angeles' money, and they want it collected.2) It is being pilfered and racketeered. (The People of Los Angeles don't want that either.)This LOUD allegation is in addition to "Conflict of Interest" allegations as relating to Ms. Marquez's Asst GM appointment, as well. (Allegation being he is also an outreach contractor AND attorney, using info gathered in role as a city outreach contractor; to then take the information and use it to create lawsuits against property owners.)
It's all unraveling on this blog (see postings below) -- and before the People of Los Angeles on LIVE TV, during the televised council meetings.HOPEFULLY, you can have Mercedes put in a call to the Housing Department to see what this is all about. Because this issue hurts both renters AND landlords and demonstrates the type of firmly entrenched corruption that has flourished under your 30-10 Transpo-pal, Antonio Villaraiogsa. (He's making you look bad, Barack.)Concerned CitizenLos Angeles, CAhttp://LACityNews.com