Monday, July 16, 2012

NEW SONGS BY ZUMA DOGG: Bringing Back The Bee Gees Sound, Ying-Yang Twin Sound & Classic Love Songs Sound (ACTIVISM is not a career/valued by society...songwriting is.)

FYI: One thing I can do at home, on my laptop, is write and record song demos. Since it's only a laptop, I consider them song demos, for music industry A&R executives to consider for their artist roster. I will upgrade the production on these, for my own "Zuma Dogg" character, and enjoyment.  


But, for a week of songs (including writing the lyrics), this is pretty productive. Which is because I am not running around worried about trying to save the city. Too late for that. NOW, I consider my   job to write songs to keep peoples' spirits uplifted. I know you think of me as a political guy, or comedy guy...but remember, I used to be a Top-40/Billboard HOT 100 Chart Director guy. And the songwriting is noteworthy, as is the beat production. And now, on with the countdown. 


WHAT AN INSULT! (LOL): Pal listened to "First Song of The Night," said, "So you like to auto-tune your vocals." NONE! Here it is. The first single.


THE ZEE GEES!!!: Zuma Dogg - "Here With You Tonight": Dance Club Anthem, especially for Country fans who want a good hip hop dance song.


ZUMA DOGG - "HERE WITH YOU TONIGHT": Fully produced beat, by ZD's UK producer Al Fraser, with ZD's lyrics/vocal demo on top. Multi-format, anthem club hit, with a BEE GEES sounding hook. Was just riffing on the lyrics, so some duped words, but the take was good, otherwise...so here is ZD's piece of resistance, or whatever you call your best thing, so far. [FYI: Al asks for no credit, but he MORE than deserves it. We got a reverse Bernie Taupin/Elton John relationship. ONLY an AMAZING spirit could produce these beats!]




ZEE GEES SUPREME!: ALL BARRY GIBB vocal sound, on this one. And, even MORE Barry sounding. Going for FLAT OUT "The Fifth" Gibb Brother sound. LOL! -  (R&B Ballad, like, "I Keep Forgetting." Here's the hook.)

FULL SONG, with a catch: Vocal HOOK is produced. The rest is vocal run through/finding my way, to map lyrics to re-sing. BUT, you can listen to HEAR the lyrics/story line. For the ladies, with a surprise ending. HILARIOUS song, considering it's by ZD! (Aka: The Ladies Night Out Music Guy!!!)

"Baby, Don't Look At Me Like That" by Zuma Dogg

Baby, don't look at me like that. Don't make me spend time with you. Baby, don't look at that. Don't give me that key to your room. Baby, don't look at me like. Not supposed to spend my time like that. Baby, don't look at me like. Don't make me wanna come to your room.

Sittin' here, with this wedding ring. Nothing for me to do. Sittin' here, in this hotel bar. In the mirror, a reflection of you.

Suddenly, something's happening. I see something starting to move. The lights are low, you sit next to me. And, you ask me if I wanted to groove?

Somebody, get me out of this place. Somebody call on the phone. This isn't supposed to be happening. And, she isn't gonna leave it alone.

Suddenly, music starting to play. Perfect song, from Elton John. You take my hand, move to the floor. And say, 'Baby let's get it on.'

Then, I try hard to take it back...my sanity and control. She pulls me close, forgot my ring. And, it's time to let the good times roll.

Baby, don't look at me like that. Don't make me spend time with you. Baby, don't look at that. Don't give me that key to your room. Baby, don't look at me like. Not supposed to spend my time like that. Baby, don't look at me like. Don't make me wanna come to your room.

Someone I know from college days, sees me, as he enters the room. Comments on my beautiful wife, I say, 'thank you,' and try to stay.

Decide the best thing is to walk away, even though, don't wanna be rude. Then, he asks me, 'What's her name?" I didn't know and we went to the pool.

Time for the hot tub, all alone, when I notice that I smell some perfume. Smelled so sweet, it reminded me, of the kind I used to buy for my wife.

Then, it turned into a TV show, of very bad reality. She was sent by the woman I am married to, who was standing there, watching all night.

Baby, why you gonna do me, like that? Why you gonna leave me alone? Baby, how could you do me like that? I was just ready to come home. (DR. DRE VOICE FROM ABOVE): Awe, yeahhhh.....

###

07-16-12: First single from this batch of demos is, "The First Song of The Night."  You'll like it=FUN! The video and everything else is at http://iRadioLIVE.com (Aka: ZumaDogg.com)