Wednesday, January 19, 2011

IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM IF THE CITY WAITED TOO LONG TO START....

[PICTURED: The book that changed Zuma Dogg's life in '89, that allowed him to become legendary municipal gadfly. I will waive my settlement check if L.A. City Hall reads this book so I don't have to go through all of this.]

SORRY! I'M DONE DEALING WITH THE CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE THE "INFORMAL SETTLEMENT DISCUSSION" WAY. I LIKE DEAN PREGERON BETTER! TIME WAS UP, YESTERDAY. WHY DID MY PHONE EVEN RING TODAY, WITHOUT A NUMBER?

Excuse me, City Attorney's Office. THE JUDGE HANDED YOU YOUR ASS IN OCTOBER. IT IS NOW JANUARY. We were supposed to be at the point where I was waiting for the phone to ring, this week, to hear a settlement number the city was willing to offer. (NOT further discussion or requests for information that was already provided. We were at the point where I was told I would be called back with a number. GET IT??? TO BE CALLED BACK WITH A NUMBER...NOT A REQUEST]

So whatever the circumstances as to why you are calling TODAY to discuss numbers that were discussed three months ago...TOO BAD. You shouldn't have waited till the night before final exams to start doing the studying.Because if you don't have those numbers, that means you haven't crunched them yet, and that means you are not ready to call me today with a number to offer.

AND, take all the time you want...WE GOT YOUR BOARDWALK ON LOCK DOWN @ VENICE BEACH...AND YOU CAN'T DO SHIT UNTIL THIS IS SETTLED. AND GUESS WHAT...YOU ARE GOING TO DO MUCH WORSE THAN YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE. (And you KNOW that at this point.)

AGAIN...you KNEW who you were dealing with and I guess you shouldn't have tried to spend three months dragging your feet.

SO AGAIN...this should have been all wrapped up. At this point, I think you're gonna have to settle for "irreparable damages for first amendment violations." COME UP WITH THE SETTLEMENT MONEY WITHOUT THE ECONOMIC DATA....WHO CARES? The judge says, "one time 1st Amendment violation constitutes irreparable damage."

If you DID need to BUY more time from ZD to keep us from moving forward with summary judgment...you are gonna have to get creative...TODAY!!!

IT CAN BE VERY, VERY EASY...and you can EASILY do some things to buy more time for yourselves...BUT YOU WON'T DO IT, BECAUSE YOU PUSH AWAY INNOVATIVE THOUGHTS & CONCEPTS.