- In Jan '11, I noted ZD's pension fraud blogging from '07-'09 getting BIG VIEWS, again. In February, SEC/FEDS announce CalPERS investigation. less than a minute ago
- Remember reading Zuma Dogg's blogging on LACERS pension fraud; naming Dan Weinstien, Vicky Shiff, Elliot Broidy & Juilo Ramirez? ALL BUSTED! 2 minutes ago
- RADIO HOSTS WAIT UNTIL LA TIMES PRINTS IT, but last year, ZD alerted L.A. via blog/TV announcing FBI investigation into city hall "bribes." 4 minutes ago
- City was not taking down signs posting overturned Venice law. After one day too many, ZD blasted Chief Beck on TV. Signs came down next day. 9 minutes ago
- When Iraqi war vet calls to say, "I'm recovering/just had ZD video marathon. You're all about what we're fighting for," it inspires greatly! 15 minutes ago
- @EricGarcetti can go to naval academy once a year. War vets have told ZD, "you are all about what we're fighting for." (That DOES inspire!) 19 minutes ago
- HERB WESSON'S HOUSING COMMITTEE was VIOLATING City Charter vacancy rates, resulting in seniors being KICKED OUT of apts. ZUMA DOGG ENDED IT! 24 minutes ago
- Thanks to LA Weekly for article on Zuma Dogg, saying, "and now everyone else can, thanks to him." (Regarding 1st Amendment./Brown Act.) 27 minutes ago
- AT LEAST I WAS RIGHT IN MY ASSESSMENT: Thought City's new Venice ordinance was U.S. violation. Sued in Federal court. Judge agreed w/ZD=WON! 28 minutes ago
- SEEMS OBVIOUS NOW: Villar was overly generous in union benefit raises to secure re-election, city can't afford it, will go broke. - ZD 2007 30 minutes ago
- Since BIGGEST LA/CA budget drain is pension FRAUD, ZD blogged HARD. Cuomo busted Villar's appointments/cronies. CalPERS being investigated! 33 minutes ago
- In Oct '10, showed up to Council meeting on TV 35 and BLASTED info on Rent Escrow corruption. Blogged hard, too. Word is, FBI investigation! 35 minutes ago
- In '07, I wrote an article on Grand Ave Project. Said shady as hell project was IMPOSSIBLE JOKE OF A PLAN/WOULD NEVER BE BUILT. It wasn't! 36 minutes ago
- Last time I ran for mayor, had 3 mins of City TV time for ad. Spent precious time on Villar's shady commish appointments. ZD=ONLY ONE. LOOK! 39 minutes ago
- In '07, I warned City Council, subprime would cause a bubble burst/recession/Wall St crash and pension money is at risk. (LACERS lost -20%!) 41 minutes ago
- For YEARS, "Special Event Fee" shenanigans were being pulled by council on a daily basis. Zuma Dogg entered chambers and stuck a fork in it. 42 minutes ago
- The first time, "PENSIONS" were mentioned by ANYONE in the city as MAJOR BUDGET CRISIS at Council meetings was Zuma Dogg. Check the record. 43 minutes ago
- Y'ALL DONE SELECTIVE IMPINGEMENT 1 DAY TOO MANY, VIllar's LAPD: Heavyweight! REAL talk! Better step NORTH and enforce some REAL shit, dough. about an hour ago
- THOSE PESKY LITTLE BUDGET IMPASSES: California budget talks hit an impasse over three-month tax extension http://lat.ms/itHBTN (DOH!) about an hour ago
- Last time I ran for mayor, ZD got 10% of vote in two zip codes where my friend put signs up along busy area. Imagine if ZD signs, CITYWIDE! about 2 hours ago
BREAKING NEWS PRESS RELEASE: ZUMA DOGG: "Think I'm going to City Clerk Election Division To File Paperwork To Run For L.A. Mayor. HAD ENOUGH AND WANNA EXPOSE THE HELL OUT OF IT!" (See why!)
HERE'S THE POSTS FROM 6/7/11 THAT TRIGGERED THE POST ABOVE: LAPD ADMITS TO CONSTITUENT WHY COPS CRACK DOWN ON ZUMA DOGG AT VENICE BEACH, BUT NOT ILLEGAL FOOD VENDORS (Hey Villar...It's ON, MUTHERFUCKER!)
MORE ON ZUMA DOGG: L.A. City Councilmembers and Local Media Weigh In With Comments About L.A.'s Local Phenomenon, "Zuma Dogg"
* "Zuma Dogg has done a lot of good for the people of Los Angeles. He's a good man. - L.A. City Councilman Dennis P. Zine (Thanks, Denny! Means a lot coming from a future City Controller candidate! Aren't you glad you said that on camera!)
* "You're actually one of my favorite people to watch on TV." - Former L.A. Mayor Richard Riordan to Zuma Dogg on KABC radio.
* "Brain-seizing artistry. A local underground superstar. -D. Harvey/LA Weekly
* "A public access icon." - M. Fleischer/LA Weekly
* "Local Legend" - Doug McIntyre/KABC, Red-Eye Radio
* Featured on ABC News Nightline, CBS2, KNBC4, KABC7, KCAL9, FOX11 TV and KFI, KABC, K-TALK & KRLA radio as L.A.'s most recognized and respected citizen voice.
* "Zuma Dogg fought the oppressive, tightly controlled L.A. City Council meetings presided over by Council President Eric Garcetti, who had banned video cameras. After police tried to stop Zuma Dogg from taping the council deliberations, he railed against the big shots for months, slamming Garcetti as “Garshady” on his show and on his whistleblower blog. “Whatever happened to free speech in this country?,” Zuma Dogg asked. He prevailed against Garcetti’s rules, and now brings his cameracorder to every council meeting, as can any member of the public thanks to him." - LA Weekly.
* " Zuma Dogg has distinguished himself as a "mix of curiosity and crusader" fighting for what he considers his free-speech rights."He's been able to do it with humor and at times be more direct and substantive." Los Angeles City Council President Eric Garcetti/Los Angeles Times
* "An original ... another treasure of Venice." - Los Angeles City Councilman Bill Rosendahl
* " A civic treasure." - Michael Higby/Mayor Sam's Blog (L.A. politics)
* "I've seen your show on TV. Keep doing what you're doing." - Dennis Franz
* "Zuma Dogg, not only one of the most recognizable figures at City Hall, cordially greeted by passersby, including security guards and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, he also has the ear of high-level insiders, who feed him information in the hope that he’ll expose, and possibly stop, one questionable government project or another." - LA Weekly (Click here for article.)
* ""He wakes us up; it gets everyone's attention." L.A. City Controller Wendy Greuel/Los Angeles Times
(GOOD! I THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH FOR MOST PEOPLE, IF MY ONLY DISTINCTION WAS WAKING THEM UP!)
* "Something between stunned and amazed. "I've never seen anything like it." - Former California Assembly Speaker, Councilman Herb Wesson/Los Angeles Times
THANKS TO THE NEARLY 10,000 PEOPLE who voted for "Zuma Dogg" in the last Los Angeles Mayoral election. (Not a bad number to pull, considering the historically low voter turnout, and the fact that ZD didn't spend a penny on his campaign, and didn't have the luxury of one flier." The mayor spent $3 million, just for comparison.)
* "Zuma Dogg, who is smarter than and knows more about city government than most Council members, has become something of an urban folk hero, skewering City Hall foibles and failures in his frequent public comment appearances broadcast on Channel 35. His campaigns for mayor and now CD2 attracted respectable numbers of votes for a candidate who was not only is penniless but homeless." - Ron Kaye/RonKayeLA.com (IMAGINE IF I HAD PENNIES TO WORK WITH!)
* "It would be nice to see someone with the heroism of Zuma Dogg in office." - Kevin James/870-KRLA Radio
* "I too, as you may know, am a Deming fan. I think your synthesis of his work is fabulous." - Anthony Robbins (Tony was kind enough to bow down to me on his stage in front of thousands of people, during a seminar that was being simulcast across the country. I am told that was the first and only time he did that. Awe shucks!)
* "Very Well Done." - Dr. W. Edwards Deming on "Interpreting Deming's 14 Points," by Zuma Dogg. (Published internationally in "Quality Digest.")
* "I especially liked your of explanation Deming's more controversial points." - Don Dewar/Publisher, Quality Digest
* "You not only took our ideas, but expanded them in ways I thought were very interesting." - Al Ries ("Marketing Warfare," "22 Immutable Laws of Marketing," "Focus.") - L.A. has a marketing problem.
Refresh to top of L.A. City News.