Tuesday, August 2, 2011

NEW POLITICAL ACTIVIST MUSIC VIDEO: Zuma Dogg & The V Beach Band - "City Hall Lands (You Gotta Live 'Em Every Day!)"

NEW VIDEO: NOT all is well, but have to do SOMETHING expressive. Here's all that's on my mind, lately. BADLANDS!

When I first became a city hall gadfly in 2006, this song, suddenly had meaning to me, even though it has been my favorite Springsteen song, since the fist time I heard in in '78. I used to listen to it, over and over, in the morning, when I woke up, on my way to city hall...and used to leave it on Garcetti's voice mail, to let him know I was on my way!

I DO feel these lyrics remind me of L.A. City Hall, every time I hear them, now. And, these days...it's ALL I'm feelin'. I could be wrong, but I interpret this song as a political activism, call to action. BUT, I COULD be projecting. What do you think? Here's an L.A. Legicon belting out a classic, LIVE! (Not in a multi-track studio with four vocal layers, when I was in my 20's like Springsteen, y'all...BUT I LIKE IT! (One take...check the gate! That's what I always say.)

Zuma Dogg & The V Beach Band - "City Hall Lands (You Gotta Live 'Em Every Day!)" From the Springsteen TRIBUTE Band...NOT a cover band!


Lights out tonight, trouble in the heartland.
Got a head-on collision, smashin in my guts man.
Im caught in a crossfire that I don't understand.
But there's one thing I know for sure girl:
I don't give a damn for the same old played out scenes
I don't give a damn for just the in-betweens.
Honey I want the heart, I want the soul, I want control right now.
You better listen to me baby:
Talk about a dream; try to make it real.
You wake up in the night with a fear so real.
You spend your life waiting for a moment that just don't come.
Well don't waste your time waiting

Badlands you gotta live it every day
Let the broken hearts stand
As the price youve gotta pay
Well keep pushin till it's understood
And these badlands start treating us good

Workin in the field till you get your back burned
Workin `neath the wheels till you get your facts learned.
Baby I got my facts learned real good right now.
You better get it straight darling:
Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings,
And a king aint satisfied till he rules everything.
I wanna go out tonight, I wanna find out what I got.
Now I believe in the love that you gave me.
I believe in the faith that could save me.
I believe in the hope and I pray that some day it
Will raise me above these

Badlands...

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it aint no sin to be glad you're alive.
I wanna find one face that aint looking through me
I wanna find one place, I wanna spit in the face of these

Badlands...