GOOD MORNING, LOS ANGELES...you know when I get bitter and cranky, I like to reflect back on the past "Decade of Zuma Dogg," triumphant memories. And WHAT BETTER WAY, than in the form of my "Dave" (hometown/Clevelander) facebook page, to re-cap it all. So here's MY VERSION of the past decade, for the next reunion I won't be going to. (I would if it were local...just ain't gonna fly to Cleveland, for it. Don't think I'd make it through LAX, these days.) MAN, my haters are gonna HATE this. But Forrest Gump has his stories. Zuma Dogg has his.
ZUMA DOGG, told through the eyes of Dave's facebook page. (No one calls me, "David.")
When you read some of the TRUE, but over the top adjectives used in facebook statuses post this evening's session, all I can say is, Plain Dealer said I was the only one in U.S. bearing thrown once borne by Andy Kaufman. And unfortunately, it ain't a comfy thrown.
Zuma Dogg Harassed by Crew of CBS "The Defenders" on Los Angeles Sidewalk: Here's what happens when some guy with a clipboard, walkie talkie AND NO PERMIT tries to prevent yours truly from walking down my own street block. The ENTIRE CREW has to try and handle a nutty, wet fish, flappin' around. (Including LITERALLY on the ground. WHATEVER IT TAKES for the shot, y'all!)
- Here I am, just about to let the word, "PEOPLE," fly, as in, "Street light, PEO-OOOOO-OOOOLE!," during shoot of CBS TV show L.A. street. Zuma Dogg has done a lot of hilarious videos. This is the only one "David" has ever done. He's almost just as funny. Here's the video: HILARIOUS! http://youtu.be/oQm7T8jqm3c
- Been a lot of fun AND political awareness, during, past decade. The one, over-riding lesson is: ENTIRE EXPERIENCE WAS DELIVERED/FUELED BY COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS SPIRIT. See Bill Murray, "Scrooged/Groundhog's Day." Those both tell my story, along with, "Forrest Gump." Bruce said, "you spend your life waitin' for a moment, that just don't come," So, I don't waste my time, waiting. I live it every day.
- What I said above, is the AMAZING, "quantum physics" lesson I learned. But the message, from the lesson...I've found, to BECOME referred to in largest U.S. media market (L.A.) as a, "prophet, genius, hero, legend, treasure, urban folk hero, icon," YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF THE TV! You will HAVE to miss an ENTIRE SEASON of your favorite prime time show, or even AN ENTIRE SEASON of your favorite sports team." (And I know there is ALWAYS at least one or two sports seasons, you like to follow, and more than one TV show.) I'M SORRY...YOU DO NOT BECOME ALL THAT BY LIVING YOUR DAY IN THE PEANUT GALLERY, YOU LOSERS!!! [And if you have kids, EVEN WORSE!] THANKS FOR MAKING ME A LEGEND, BY DEFAULT!
- "Zuma Dogg is the only American comedian today wearing the comedy-genius mantle once borne by Lenny Bruce, Allen Funt and Andy Kaufman." - Michael Heaton/Plain Dealer
- "Brain-seizing artistry. A local underground superstar. -D. Harvey/LA Weekly
- "A public access icon." - M. Fleischer/LA Weekly
YouTube L.A. Cable Classic: Zuma Dogg w/Matt Dowd - "Comfortably Numb"
THAT WAS JUST THE WARM-UP/INTRO, TO GET YOU READY FOR MY REAL, HARD-CORE, NARCISSISTIC, DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR: Zuma Dogg Tweets Auto-biography for People With A.D.D. (Like ZD) via Tweets! ("A Decade of Zuma Dogg" in ONE Blog Post/Lots of Hollywood Name Dropping) You will say, "He's CRAZY!," and that IS a topic, up for debate.