QUICK SUMMARY: Friday, 12/9/11, Bill "Rosendope" Rosehdahl's Office sent out notice and the agenda item for 42.15, to be in council chambers (for a vote), this Tues, 12/13/11.
THEN, Rosendope's office believes they may have sent out the wrong link (not updated) and on SATURDAY, RE-SEND a NEW LINK to everyone...AGAIN...city does not do business on Saturday, and this is a BROWN ACT ITEM.
The City did not notify Zuma Dogg or his attorney. Zuma Dogg won a lawsuit in Federal Court, last year (still unsettled with L.A. City), and this ordinance affects ZD...and how funny they don't tell me or my attorney.
BUT OTHER PEOPLE DID -- AND ZUMA DOGG GOT EMAILS ABOUT IT ON SATURDAY, WHICH MADE HIM CRANKY. SO I TYPED THIS GENERAL REPLY:
Zuma Dogg OFFICIAL Reply to Questions Regarding Venice Beach Ordinance 42.15 (12/13/11 City Council AGENDA ITEM, UP FOR A VOTE? ZD says, "HELL NO!")
This is all merely my opinion, based on five years of deep, day to day involvement (my entire life) regarding Venice Beach boardwalk Ordinance 42.15 (Venice Beach boardwalk regulations.)
After a round of local neighborhood council, commission and committee meetings; and after being continued from last month (Nov '11), the item is, once again, in Los Angeles City Council chambers (up for a vote), this Tuesday, December 13, 2011.
As many readers know, my rights were violated on the boardwalk, under previous drafts of this ordinance, and I had to sue in Federal Court to make them stop. (A Federal judge ruled in favor of Zuma Dogg, et al, against the City of L.A. and placed an injunction on the various illegal, 1st Amendment/Constitutional violations, this very country was founded upon. And it WAS the FIRST amendment.)
And ZD was not the only one impinged, harassed and illegally violated. Some people had babies and kids and lost them to foster care, when parents lost their income, when the city prevented them from LEGAL ACTIVITY in the U.S.A.
So as word is hitting the community that the Ordinance is in council chambers and up for a vote, Tuesday; some people are contacting me to make sure I am aware; and some are contacting me to ask me what I think will happen.
Here is an email I sent to one person. It makes a nice "Official Reply From Zuma Dogg Regarding 42.15, Up For An L.A. City Council Vote on Tuesday, 12/13/11."
In reply to the question in your email:
It was on agenda, last month (Nov) as you may have known. It was continued until Tues 12/13. So that WOULD be the 1st reading. But, ZD hears A LOT from inside sources.
1) Council HATES Bill. He interferes on their things like AEG Stadium deal/etc. They won't mind tripping him up, just to give him a black eye/payback.
2) AND, it's a BIG mess; Arts/Parks/Rec Committee Member & NEW L.A. City Council President, Herb Wesson not happy it's been 5 years, and doesn't want to be back here, next year, on this issue. City Attorney admitted in committee to Herb, "Yes, it's flawed/not perfect, but we have to do something." (Herb don't care that Bill is in a political hurry) AND, the other councilmembers are not going to put themselves at risk, by voting yes, on something they know stinks (flawed/problems/judge won't like seeing them in court, with Zuma Dogg, again.) Council HATES City Attorney Carmen Trutanich, more than Bill. And they know Trutanich BLOWS things, out of vindictiveness...so they ain't gonna do Rosendhal or Trutanbitch any favors/put themselves at risk, JUST CAUSE WEAKEST-CM ROSENDAHL & TRUTANICH WANT WRAP IT UP, THE WAY OBAMA WANTS TO WRAP UP HIS, "JOBS BILL" before X-mas.
3) BIG!: You probably haven't heard (cause it's a secret), the city made a decision and now considers the entire Venice boardwalk a "park," in an attempt to be able to do more regarding homeless removal/enforcement. They have decided they CAN go up and take your stuff if you are not there, store it for 30 days, etc. A LOT OF ISSUES THAT LAPD IS NOT READY FOR, THAT HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN FULLY DISCUSSED (regarding enforcement.)
Someone ZD trusts LAUGHED and said it would be PREPOSTEROUS to pass it on Tues. They don't even consider it an reasonable option.
SO WE'LL SEE HOW SHADY COUNCIL IS. It hasn't been officially continued...and you may think I am biased (hoping the city keeps making FOOLS of themselves, but I WANT the new laws passed already, for my own personal & performing interests as a long time Venice performer and Venice local)...but after attending/watching meetings for five years...EVEN ZUMA DOGG (WHO HAS SEEN IT ALL) WOULD BE SHOCKED IF THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IT.
ESPECIALLY AND MOST based on the last part about considering the boardwalk a park, and all these LAPD issues.
As usual, I hope that answers the question.
UPDATE: EVEN MORE REASON TO CANCEL TILL NEXT YEAR! What kind of either "shady," or "BEFUDDLED-BALL-DROPPING" BULLSHIT IS THIS!?!?! You send out an email blast on FRIDAY (12/9/11); then OVER THE WEEKEND, you send an update saying, "OOOPS...(maybe?) -- after everyone already thought they had the info, so won't be looking for it. (ROSENDOPE...maybe you should send ZD a copy, too, so I can catch your mistakes, before you blast out WRONG INFO to the whole city.)
Hi folks,From: ROSENDOPE'S OFFICE
Date: December 10, 2011 12:41:35 PM PST
To: SUCKERS Who Supported Bill Rosendahl for CM, and those held victim to his office.
Subject: LAMC 42.15
I'm not sure if the link was updated with the latest City Attorney report when I sent out the agenda for Tuesday morning so here you go...http:/clkrep.lacity.org/
Office of Councilmember Bill "Rosendope" Rosendahl (Aka: Befuddled Mr. Magoo)
[Something seems fishy. The deputy who sends these emails out is smart. If he wasn't sure if he sent the right link, you SEE he sent a copy to himself (and has a copy in his "sent" box.) WHY NOT JUST CHECK AND SEE IF IT WAS THE RIGHT LINK, BEFORE ANOTHER EMAIL BLAST, MAKING YOURSELF LOOK DUMB! [DID THE CITY CHANGE THE LINK ON THE SITE, AFTERWARDS...and this was the Council office's "unofficial" way to say, "ILLEGALLY UPDATED W LESS THAN 72 HOURS NOTICE?]
WILL A LEADER PLEASE STAND UP WHO CAN MANAGE THE DISTRICT AND DEFEAT CLUMSY-CLOWN ROSENDOPE! And remember, people, NOW you have to navigate the links, again...and try to figure out if it's the same version, or different....and ZD sent the FIRST version to a bunch of people, so now I have to re-send it to everyone, just in case...WHAT A MESS!!!!
ELECTIONS!!!!!! HURRY!!!! DEFEAT ROSENDOPE!
5PM UPDATE...NOW, I'M REALLY CRANKY! The city doesn't do business on Saturday! How come they are sending out legal notifications on BROWN ACT AGENDA ITEMS on SATURDAY!!!
THEY DON'T TELL ZD OR SEND HIM THE INFO...OTHER PEOPLE START CONTACTING ME...I HAVE TO COME BACK INSIDE FROM SANTA MONICA BEACH PARK, ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON...PUT ON MY LEGAL SKI CAP..AND GET TO WORK...THAT MEANS MY ATTORNEY HAS TO GET TO WORK!!! AND NOW I'M IN A TWEET-FRENZY OVER THIS!!!!! CITY HALL ALERT: YOU GOT A ZUMA DOGG PROBLEM...AND I KNOW YOU ARE ALREADY DEALING WITH IT, TONIGHT, ON SATURDAY! (Aren't YOU!?!?!)
- @ZumaDogg Tweets
- NUTTY TRUTANICH: You can sell a statue of Yogi the Bear, but not a Yogi the Bear stuffed animal. What UTILITY does a stuffed animal have? less than a minute ago
- CARMEN THE COMMUNIST: Venice 42.15. Zuma Dogg is a performer. And you KNOW what THAT means=I am not allowed to create any VISUAL art. REALLY 5 minutes ago
- If you are a performing artist, you may NOT face paint someone's face like Gene Simmons of KISS or a kid's face for Halloween. Why not? 8 minutes ago
- COMMUNIST CARMEN: Venice 42.15=A performer may not twist balloons for kids. Performers (balloon twister) NOT ALLOWED TO CREATE HANDCRAFTS! 10 minutes ago
- 42.15: "No clothing" means no Zuma Dogg shirts. I thought courts already ruled, "Shirts/hats are 'walking billboards/medium of expression." 37 minutes ago
- CARMEN "COMMUNIST" TRUTANICH: SOME handcrafts have more rights than others. Painting/Sculpting is ok.stitching/knitting/carved wood=NOT ok. 47 minutes ago
- THERE'S A REASON, CITY HALL ACCIDENTALLY FORGOT TO SEND ZD OLD INFO & NEW INFO on Venice 42.15 for Tues. I SEE ALL NEW CONSTITUTIONAL FLAWS! 3 minutes ago
- List of problems on Venice 42.15 for Tues council vote=SO LONG; will be back from vacation before ZD gets done reading. TO BE "CONTINUED!" 10 minutes ago
- After winning LAWSUIT against LA City Hall=forcing NEW laws, they FORGET to tell ZD about Tues meeting! NEW A-HOLE BEING TORN, AS WE SPEAK! 12 minutes ago
- @Bill_Rosendahl: The City Attorney's Office will be wanting to talk to you on Monday, if they even wait that long. It's about Venice 42.15. 17 minutes ago
- Oops! City forgot to send ZD Tues 42.15 info. Just read it. A JOKE. HARDCORE CONSTITUTIONAL PROBLEMS. WILL BE CONTINUED, NOW! 26 minutes
- @Bill_Rosendahl @LindaLucks NO ONE sent ZD Tues info on 42.15. Pal told me/Just read it. HOWLING! SO OVERLY-VAGUE and ambiguous. A TRU joke. 28 minutes ago
HERE ARE SOME THINGS THE FEDERAL JUDGE WILL BE HEARING IF THE CITY EVEN THINKS ABOUT PASSING THIS WORLD-CLASS ORDINANCE BY CARMEN TRUTANICH. (THIRD-WORLD CLASS, THAT IS...LOSER! I WONDER IF TRUTANICH EVEN KNOWS ALL THIS AND IS TRYING TO GET AWAY WITH IT...OR IF HE'S JUST A DUMB-CLOWN-LOSER? EITHER WAY...HE LOSES.)
Now let's be BIG boys and girls...and think like a world-class, SUPER-ATTORNEY. Because I am paraphrasing him, at the "legalese" moments, and the word, "irrational," is HIS word:
Dear TruLOSER and L.A. City Clowncil,
How many times have I told you, Zuma Dogg is a genius, and you are morons and that you continue to listen to ALL the wrong people, instead of the ONE person who is ALWAYS RIGHT and JAMS IT UP YOUR ASS!!! (BEAT YOU IN FEDERAL COURT...and you are making it, EVEN EASIER, this time, as you are even MORE desperate to do, "Something/Anything.")
And I maintain, the proposed version of LAMC 42.15 is still constitutionally flawed, for all the OTHER reasons me and my attorney have WARNED your ass about, losers!
BUT NOW, I can see why you didn't send me the LATEST UPDATE and I had to be like Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon and, "heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend..."
Your LATEST CARMEN THE CLOWN PIECE OF SOON TO BE INJUNCTED, PIECE OF LEGISLATIVE COMEDY, reveals several additional constitutional flaws, which I will summarize, in part, briefly (as in LEGAL BRIEF YOUR ASS) below:
To paraphrase my attorney, "vague, ambiguous, irrational and unconstitutional distinction between 'creating visual art in its entirety' (which is allowed) -- and the 'completion' or 'partial' creation of visual art (which is not allowed). Visual art that is completed or partially created on the Boardwalk deserves as much First Amendment protection as visual art that is created entirely on the Boardwalk.
To put in it ZumaLease: This says you can't "decorate" or "customize" things. For example, you can't take a belt and "bedazzle" (customize) it. PRETTY RESTRICTIVE. And then the ambiguous task of LAPD enforcement/trying to sort it out. "Excuse me...I see you painted that statue of L.A. City Hall red, white and blue, like a flag. Did you MAKE that statue of city hall, yourself, or did you get it somewhere else, and then paint it?" Or, "Good morning. I see you have jewels on that paperweight. Did you MAKE that paperweight? Says, "made in China," on the bottom of the paperweight." This is what "partial creation" means. PRETTY RESTRICTIVE!
Likewise, visual art that is "mass produced" or "produced in limited variation" is not entitled to any less First Amendment protection than visual art that is created entirely on the Boardwalk. [Guess I have to make each Zuma Dogg bobble head or Carmen The Clown doll, by hand. Can't mass produce them -- and can't use other things to make them out of, as the canvas/medium. If I wanted to take a Kojak doll and stick an Afro on it, as a parody, ILLEGAL UNDER TRUTANICH! I HAVE TO MAKE THE KOJAK DOLL, TOO!]
In other words, you have to make EACH AND EVERY ITEM, by hand/can't be mass produced? So if I wanna sell Zuma Dogg "Bobble-heads" (or a "Trutanich The Clown" doll), you have to make each one by hand, and can't have them on cafepress. And, if I want to hand out, "DO NOT VOTE FOR CARMEN TRUTANICH," posters, I can't have them printed at Kinkos? The paper is just the medium, dude. It's not about the process of getting the ink on the canvas, BULLY!
Furthermore, the term "Handcrafts" is vague, ambiguous, irrational and unconstitutional. Why is the artistic expression involved in "weaving, carving, stitching, sewing and beading" (which is not allowed) entitled to less First Amendment protection than painting, sculpture and other forms of artistic expression (which are allowed), dumb asses? (THINK ABOUT OUT THAT??? "Clay is O.K.! Wood is no good?" INSANITY!!! Reminds me of some overseas country, we fight wars against, over these types of constitution, artistic expression issues. Maybe Trutanich should move to SOME OTHER country.)
Moreover, your latest loser version of 42.15 bans ALL "Handcrafts," yet it only finds that "most" Handcrafts are not allowed, over "nominal utility" issue, that I won't try to explain here. BUT DUMMIES...since the City itself admits that some Handcrafts do not have "nominal utility" (are not in violation), the absolute ban on ALL Handcrafts is vague, ambiguous, irrational and unconstitutional -- and a shady attempt to once again try to bamboozle the legendary icon and his constituents.
PLUS, it bans clothing. Zuma Dogg's Zuma Dogg T-shirts are clothing. TRUTANICH...you and you staff and Norm "Kuku" Kulla and you OUTSIDE COUNSEL...KNOW, the 9th Circuit has said...T-SHIRTS and HATS ARE IN! They are 1st Amendment expressions. A medium like a canvas. And, AGAIN...just like in 2006, I DON'T CARE THAT YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE SELLING LAKERS SHIRTS! Enforce that under municipal code. YOU DON'T PASS NO FUCKING LAW THAT SAYS NO CLOTHING, DUMB-FUCK, MORONS! PLUS, YOU SAY I HAVE TO MAKE EACH ONE ON THE BOARDWALK, AND CAN'T HAVE THEM PRINTED IN A MASS RUN???
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!? ITS A GLARING 500 LB ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM! YOU HAVE "NO CLOTHING" ON THE ORDINANCE!!!! YOU ARE IN MASSIVE CONFLICT OF FEDERAL LAW, ASSHOLES...AND I AM GONNA TEAR YOU A NEW ONE, TRUTANICH, YOU FUCKING MORON CLOWN! YOU ARE RUINING YOUR FAMILY "TRUTANICH" NAME FOR YOUR WEAK AND INJURED SON!
LEGALESE-TEAM ZUMADOGG, urges you to reject, denounce and pounce (back up Trutanich's ass) the proposed ordinance and vote, "NO," without even continuing the item. Please immediately share my message with all members of the City Council and Carmen "The Clown" Trutanich. (They need to notify city employees...DON'T NEED TO SHOW UP TO THE COUNCIL MEETING ON TUESDAY! We are short staffed, in ALL city departments, and they may as well stay in their departments and do REAL WORK...instead of showing up at city hall, waiting an hour; to have it continued.
L.A's Legendary Political-Prophet Icon [No Name Needed!]
NOTE: These are only NEW complaints, ZD and his attorney stumbled upon, today, after ZD's pal sent a copy of what Rosendope's office circulated. Maybe, I'll get Part 1 (previous stuff) and do a Part 2 post.