Tuesday, April 22, 2008

RUMOR: LAUSD To Remove Special Needs Kids From Classrooms And Pay To Place Them In Private Schools

Forgive me for being so offensive, but someone who has been reliable in the past called me this morning to tell me they heard that LAUSD is actually talking about taking all the special needs kids in the entire school district -- and paying to place them in private schools, so they can fire a bunch of teachers.

Obviously, the initial concern is that you are taking these kids out of the mainstream and it may appear as though you are trying to sweep them under the rug. Plus the cost associated with sending a kid to private school vs public school.

I hope this is only a sick rumor and if it is not true, I apologize for even describing that scenario.
Otherwise...I THINK WE HAVE A MASSIVE CITIZEN'S ALERT, Y'ALL!!!