Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Problem With BongHwan Kim As DONE President

CityWatch reports, "Mayor Villaraigosa has named BongHwan Kim the general manager of the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment. Kim has served as interim GM since the death of Carol Baker Tharpe last fall. The appointment will come to the City Council on Tuesday."

Zuma Dogg did not see that appointment come through on the Tuesday (or Wed/Fri) agenda...but I did speak with someone while downtown, yesterday, who has years of experience with Downtown NC/DONE.

The person approached ZD, because he sees ZD on TV 35, and appreciates my comments. Then he started telling me about the Downtown Neighborhood Council in CM Jan Perry's district, and I quickly realized that this guy was an opportunity to learn a lot in a hurry.

This guy knew Carol Baker Tharp (as DONE GM, and years before) , so my first question was, "Do you know Bong Hwan Kim?" He did. So I told him about the survey that he commissioned as blogged about on Mayor Sam's blog. (Bong commissioned a survey of NC workers to see where the problems lied, and the survey came back, overwhelmingly, that BongHwah was the problem in many people's eyes.)

So this person weighed in with his take on Mr. Kim: Basically, he says the problem is that BongHwah (now nicknamed "BongHwater" based on what ZD has heard) is like a "Fabian, Jr." "He likes the fancy dinners and all the attention. They find your weakness, then exploit it", Zuma Times was told by this NC veteran.

But mostly is like Fabian and the rest of them in the sense that he LOVES developers and all the five star wine and cheese parties that they provide. (Plus any possible kickbacks, autos, expensive condo living, et al.)

And the problem is that Zuma Times hears that Mr. Kim has already burnt all of his bridges Downtown with the Neightborhood Councils over all of this development. So we have a VillarNunez in the making. But at least VillarNunez got themselves elected into office before they burnt the community and lost support.

So if BongHwater was/is going to be confimed as DONE GM...it don't look like it's gonna be a smooth ride. No one like him already. And I hope he talks to that smart-mouthed, bully NC President in Del Rey who openly admitted to Zuma Dogg that he violates the Brown Act at every meeting. (So if nothing else I hope Hwater talks to him, just for all the attention is it bringing the situation. Especially, if some of the board members who are not happy that Quimby Fee money is being diverted out of the area decide they want to take action (RICO VIOLATION) against DONE for operating an illegal meeting. AND, Mr. Bully President told ZD that 9 (Nine) members were present, when the record shows only 8 (Eight) were present? WHY DID HE LIE TO ZD'S FACE. I EVEN SAID, "8, or 9?" (Because someone else blurted out "8", before the President got to yell out, "9". Then, when ZD said, "Is it 8 or 9?" He said, "8 or 9."

NAW BITCH...NOT 8 OR 9!?!? One means a quorum, the other doesn't. So then ZD had to check the record and it was 8. (HOW MANY MEMBERS WERE PRESENT. I COULDN'T GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER ON THAT EITHER. I got a mixed answer. Some say 14, some say 15. So when you add it all up, if 8 members of 15 were present...NO A QUORUM, Y'ALL. Know wonder he was trying to spin 9 out of 14. NICE TRY CHARLIE!

So I hope Mayor Antonio Villaraiogsa, Councilmember Bill Rosendahl and DONE's BongHwater Kim talk to this hot shot Brown Act Violator before there are RICO charges slapped on the whole system. (HOW ABOUT AN INVESTIGATION FOLKS! HEY VILLARAIGOSA...YOU GOT NOTHING TO HIDE HERE, RIGHT?]

I HOPE YOU HAD A HELL OF A PISS MR. HOT SHOT DEL REY NC BULLY PRESIDENT!

I want a response from the city since I have Villaraigosa on camera saying he was going to talk with CM Rosendahl about it. AND Rosendahl told me, in person, that he would speak with Mr. Bully about it. AND, I spoke with BongHwan Kim in person and he told me he would follow-up.

SO WHAT ELSE DOES ZUMA DOGG HAVE TO DO TO GET A RESPONSE ON THIS? I HOPE I GET ONE. I JUST MET A FORMER FEDERAL JUDGE WHO HEARD ZUMA DOGG'S "FREE SPEECH AT VENICE BEACH" -- AND HE WAITED UNTIL I WAS DONE TO INTRODUCE HIMSELF BECAUSE HE WAS AMAZED AT WHAT I WAS SAYING, AND SAID I WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING...AND I WAS TALKING ABOUT CORRUPTION! HE AKSED ZUMA DOGG HOW HE CAN HELP? The words, "RICO" and "RACKETEERING" IMMEDIATELY CAME TO MIND.