Friday, June 27, 2008

Zuma Times Presents: Current Salaries &Increase Recommendations for Non-Represented City Employees

Thanks to the person who handed an 82 page file to Zuma Times' Publisher and Editor-In-Chief, Zuma Dogg containing the salaries of what appears to be every employee in the City.

Date: June 2, 2008
To: The City Council
From: Raymond P. Ciranna, Acting City Administrative Officer
Subject: SALARY INCREASE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NON-REPRESENTED CITY EMPLOYEES AND OTHER TECHNICAL ADJUSTMENTS TO THE LOS ANGELES ADMINISTRATIVE CODE.

Should make for some fun blogging. It's 82 pages.

For example:

Overpaid City Employee: Incumbent's Current Overpaid Salary

DWP GM (Nahai): $310,000
Police Chief (Bratton): $300,442
Fire Chief: $260,000
CAO: $220,472
GM Airports Dept: $305,015
City Counciloser: $180,000 plus
Director, Sanitation: $180,508
Director of Planning: $202,578
City Librarian: $200,573

AND THERE'S 80 PAGES OF STUFF LIKE THIS:


Commission Hearing Examiner: $900 a day!!!

And the Chief Election Assistant who blew the Neighborhood Council elections this month with the absentee ballots arriving in many peoples' mailbox AFTER the election. And the absentee ballots were not counted in the Lincoln Heights NC election until ZD's ZAPPERS (Zuma'a Activist Program) headed over to the City Clerks election division to see what was up. Apparently, counting the absentee ballots wasn't. Well that person made $39.37 an hour to not count the ballots and send others out after the election.

And everyone in the ITA department would never forgive me if I didn't mention the ITA GM is pullin' down a whoppin'$225,003!!!

THANKS TO THE PERSON WHO HANDED THIS 82 PAGE FILE TO ZD AS HE ENTERED CITY HALL TODAY!!! It's a lot of info and I'm sure someone wanted me to have it to blast it. So that's a little taste. It's actually pretty complex and will be having some of my ZAPPERS (Zuma's Activist Program) looking it over and pulling out the highlights beyond the ones above.

SIDENOTE: DWP GM David Nahai was at City Hall today as ZD was looking at this new file and I saw his salary range was $229,722-$344,624, but is only making $310,000. So Zuma Dogg said to Mr. Nahai, "Mr. Nahai, can you buy me lunch today, I see you're making $344,000?!?!? Mr. Nahai said, "No I'm not." And pointed out to ZD that it was the top of the range that he was not getting. Then I noticed it was only $310,000, so I withdrew my request for him to buy me lunch, cause I thought he made $344,000, not just $310,00.

THEN, I offered to re-negotiate his contract for him with the mayor. He laughed and replied, "Be careful, someone may be trying to use you." I replied back to Mr. Nahai, "I know, I know!!! They want to get this information out to the public, so they go to the powerful mover and shaker in the city!"

Then they gave Mr. Nahai a presentation for DWP during dog and pony show Friday. And Zuma Dogg was able to follow it up during public comment by blasting his salary and mentioning the "renegotiation" offer.

POOR DAVID...It's been a rough week. Alarcon went "Zuma Dogg" on him, Zuma Dogg went "Zuma Dogg" on him...and he even sat through an interview with Matt Dowd on the Dowdcam. Maybe well see that soon.

MORE TO COME...

UPDATE/READER FEEDBACK (from zumadogg@gmail.com):
Zuma, You left off Madame ITA Randi Levin. $225,000. Talk about waste. We hear she's on her way out anyway. As the IT world turns.