Sunday, July 20, 2008

LA Daily Blog "Viewer Mail"

L.A. LEGACY ALREADY LEAVING A LEGACY OF SHADINESS OVER THE COMMUNITY: I hope you are doing well. I printed out your blogs for the last 7 days. I enjoyed talking to you last Thursday in Boyle Heights. It was good to see people come out. The highlight for me was shout out "donda esta Antonio?". Hopefully he gets indicted of the charges you talked about and we get a new mayor. He is as corrupt as any mayor in L.A. as I ever seen.

The L.A. Legacy story is big and is part of the corruption.
I have been keep tracking for a long time and I am glad you are too. The corrupt machine politics of Antonio and company like the scams we have seen from Huizar needs to be looked at in detail.

L.A. Legacy is as scandalous an operation as there is. I am going to Ramona Gardens tonight and I plan to discuss with residents there. Anyway it was a pleasure talking to you last week. Good luck.

Boyle Heights Constituent

NEW BLOG...LA CITY WATCH: Hi Zuma Dogg, I've been an avid reader of your blog for a while now, and I was really happy that you joined in on the ITARumblings blog while it existed. I was sad to see Rumblings end, and so I've started a new blog, http://lacitywatch.blogspot.com, for City employees and other interested parties to continue the work of Rumblings.

[ZD loved the ITA Rumblings blog. AND WOW...This new LA City Watch blog features an "LA Daily Blog" feed of the top new story!]

IF DWP DOESN'T GET PAID, CITY DOESN'T GET PAID FOR "TRASH COLLECTION FEES": Oh no...since Zuma Dogg doesn't own property or get paychecks, I was wondering, "How do people get charged for stuff like "Trash Collection Fees" and all these new taxes. So I called Michael "Mayor Sam" Higby to aks him. He told me that the Trash Collection Fees are paid into your DWP utility bill. So then it hit me...If people ain't payin' they DWP bill (see related story on this blog from today's Daily News) -- then the City of Los Angeles is gonna be short on the money they are expecting from all these recent shakedowns.

JAMIEL SHAW & FAMILY (the nuclear family and their new extended family of so many Los Angeles County residents) WANT YOU!: I saw Jamiel Shaw, Sr. and Althea Shaw at the City Hall rally last week. So that's always a reminder that there is a Jamiel's Law petition for all to sign. www.JamielsLaw.com. And Mr. Shaw told me he supports CM Zine's motion, as well, that is being tied-up by CM Jackass Weiss in the Public Safety Committee. Call 3-1-1, RIGHT NOW, if you are reading this and ask for "Jack Weiss, City Hall office" and leave a message that you "are voting for Carmen "Nuch" Trutanich because Jack Weiss is obviously representing the wrong constituency!"

THE REAL BUDGET CRISIS...MAYOR VILLARAIGOSA: Something else I aksed Mayor Sam was if he thought the City really had all the money they need for stuff, or really need to tack on all these new taxes and fees (and fee updates). Mayor Sam reminded me that the City took in a record amount of revenue, but the problem is Mayor Doucharaigosa took this opportunity to go on an MC Hammer-like spending spree. And now, with the economy tightening up, the mayor is caught with his baggy Hammer pants down. (And there isn't much to see.) SO DO NOT BE BAMBOOZLED WITH ANOTHER ROUND OF VILLAR SCARE TACTICS!!! IF HE NEEDS MONEY, HE CAN START BY LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. He has a loooooooooooong way to go before he should look to anyone else. We know the mayor has a problem with personal responsibility and accountability -- but I hope for once -- in his role as mayor -- he is able to roll up his sleeves, look in the mirror -- and start making the actual cuts he needs to make. Because the people he represents won't even be paying their utility bills anymore -- and won't be able to even show up for work. Because for every dollar they earn, they end up owing City Hall more! (I WISH PUBLIC STONINGS WERE STILL LEGAL.)

ZD'S MERE ATTENDANCE IS "THIS JUST IN" NEWSWORTHY ACCORDING TO LA TIMES!:
Southern California -- this just in
Los Angeles Times, CA - Jul 14, 2008
But the event at City Hall looked more like LA-palooza, with bicyclists, perennial gadfly Zuma Dogg in a sombrero...

THIS JUST IN: Zuma Dogg sang karaoke in Agoura Hills on Friday night.

THIS JUST IN: Zuma Dogg is at a coffee shop outside of LA City limits typing this!

THIS JUST IN: Zuma Dogg will sing karaoke somewhere tonight. Probably at Gas Light in Santa Monica. Well see. And when I make a decision, I'll post it as a "THIS JUST IN" news bulletin.

ZUMA DOGG VIDEOS