Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thanks for NOTHING Councilmember! (NOTHING but FALSE hope)

Wow, not to try and punish an attempted good deed, but I have warned there is NOTHING worse someone can offer Zuma Dogg that a false banana of hope dangled in front of him, these days.
 
And if you have been reading my blog and saw the public comment from yesterday, Zuma Dogg 3 Year Anniversary Public Comment (that happened to fall on a REALLY bad day), a Councilmember finally reached out to me, today, after yesterday's comments (see above link) where I beg council to reach out and help me, because I need help.
 
The ONE thing I really need, is after being out on the streets, without sleeping in a bed for one solid year, is a room with a bed to sleep in, at least for one day.

The councilmember, said they would make a call to a social service center (one that I was already aware and familiar with). I added, "The ONLY thing, it can't be one of these rooms with a bunch of people sleeping together on some cot where you have to be in by 7pm." So the CM has a deputy call me during the actual council meeting, itself. And I feel like, for once, ZD could be getting that annointed treatment and mountain moving that I have seen happen to others, only adding to my bitterness over time.
 
So my phone just rang, and it WAS INDEED the social sevice program saying that a CM told them to call me, and if I show up at 8am tommorrow morning, I could get in line for the "homeless orientation" and the offer is one of those shelter rooms where a lot of people sleep in the same room on a mat or cot, at best -- on a temporary basis. I said, "Oh no...can you please call the CM tell them that is the offer, please, because that's not offering me A THING, because I already know I can get in line at 8am to sleep on a mat or cot in a room with a bunch of other people having to be in my 7pm.
 
The person on the phone told me that there was a "very long" waiting list for actual transitional housing (where you can stay for six months), and I could put my name on that list.
SO THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN OFFERING NOTHING, IS GETTING SOMEONE IN MY POSITION'S HOPES UP, FOR THE BIG FALL....
 
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ANY FORM OF RELIEF FOR ZUMA DOGG WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, BECAUSE IT'S APRIL 1st. HA HA!
 
SO IF I WAS IN TROUBLE BEFORE ALL OF THIS, I'M A HELL OF A LOT CLOSER TO SEEING THAT KURT COBAIN/JIM MORRISON CONCERT I HAVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT. MY BRAIN HURTS!
 
Thanks anyway.