Sunday, September 6, 2009

VIDEO SEMINAR: L.A.City Councilmember Bernard Parks on L.A. City Budget Crisis ("Severe Pain Coming...Running Out of Money")

I'm about to mention something good about L.A. City Councilmember Bernard Parks. And I feel like I have to give a preface disclaimer, because as soon as I try to say something good about Parks to a lot people, they will look extremely puzzled at Zuma Dogg wondering what the hell I am talking about as I immediately get to hear a lot of bad stuff about him. And I LOVE to hear bad stuff about him and the other councilmembers, because that's how you find out the bad stuff that is happening throughout the city.

BUT, as I have been suffering through these council meetings, I noticed ONE councilmember who started mumbling some stuff that made the Dogg's ears perk up and start to feel relived that I was finally hearing a little of what I wanted to hear regarding the budget crisis that I have been warning about for the past couple years.

Although Parks didn't really do anything to prevent what got us here on the BIG stuff ZD was warning about...once it hit and the economic crisis was before us, Parks was the ONLY ONE talking like a responsible parent trying to let the children know that we have a problem on our hands and have to address the problem.

Not only that, but Parks seems to me to be the guy who is literally explaining it to the other CMs because he is the only one who truly knows what's going on and it IS like the "A" student trying to help his friends with their homework.

Some people may try to minimize or scoff at Parks for being overly-prudent and always crying that the sky is falling; BUT I THINK AS OF SEPTEMBER 5, 2009; I don't care who the mayor is, or who the council president is, or who anyone is...

PARKS IS THE ONE WE BETTER LISTEN TO, TO SEE WHAT'S UP!

HE'S THE FIRST PERSON I WILL RUN UP TO, TO SEE WHAT THE "REAL DEAL" IS ON THE STUFF COMING THROUGH CHAMBERS ON THIS BUDGET AND PENSION STUFF.

So here is a series of videos from this weekend's big NC Coailiton meeting on the situation. AND IT'S JUST AS BAD AS ZUMA DOGG SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE STARTING IN May 2007 when I began to warn of the economic tsunami ahead.

So just for this one topic of budget, I suggest you forget everything else about Parks that will make you want to reject anything he says, and just sit back, relax and listen to the guy who is SO MUCH FUN AND SO EXCITING, he's the one guy in Council who sits there and reads every shred of information (mostly because it's free to read, so he doesn't want to miss out on the "free" part); so we get the benefit of having him break it down for us.

And now, CM Parks!

Click "play" and all six videos will play continuously in a row.





As a City Councilmember candidate (Zuma Dogg), I will get to the desert first, and tell you what it will HAVE to come down to: ELIMINATION OF ENTIRE DEPARTMENTS AND CONSOLIDATING DEPARTMENTS AND BECOMING MUCH MORE EFFICIENT.

Here are links to each individual video

Excerpt 1: Los Angeles Councilman Bernard Parks Warns of "
ParksExcerpt2: LA Councilman Parks Warns of Layoffs, Cash
Parks on Unions & Politics
Parks on the Budget Game Plan
Excerpt5: Parks on Why Layoffs Needed
Excerpt6: Parks on "Bumping Rights" under Civil Service Rule
How the IBEW Holds LA Hostage

[Videos posted by RonKayeLA!]