Thursday, September 24, 2009

Zuma Dogg's NUMBER ONE CALL For City Hall Reform (And I Don't Care If You Don't Like It!)

I started the journey toward higher consciousness in the corporate world in around 1986, after I was done with college at Ohio State University, and while starting my career in radio.

First internationally known, globally acclaimed authors I became a disciple of were Al Ries & Jack Trout (Marketing Warfare, Bottom Up Marketing, Positioning, The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing, etc.), who are household names in the Fortune 500 world.

You can do a Google search on them, and be sure to read my post on their book, "The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing" on this blog from earlier this week.

There is very little than has run through my mind or out of my mouth that does not run through the "Ries & Trout" filer, first (which is based on Sun Tzu "Art of War" applied to business strategy and political strategy.)

Then, while working for a very dysfunctional radio station in Houston, TX (no offense to Houston which was a FANTASTIC city in the proudest state in the nation), I read an article in the "LA Weekly" of Houston on a guy named, "Dr. Ed Deming" who had a management seminar being promoted by one of the business leaders in the area. ("Mattress Mac," the "Crazy Gideon" of Houston who had applied Deming's methods to his store to amazing results).

I liked what I read, and contacted the seminar promoter "Mattress Mac" and liked what I heard, so I went to the seminar, and the rest is history, much to many of my fans dismay who wish I would just stop talking about Deming's 14 Points, and stick to demanding for more Neighborhood Council and DWP watch dogg committees and more mandates, while the politicians are calling for improved efficiency (quality and productivity) in these crisis economic times.

AND NOW THAT THE ELECTION IS OVER AND I AM NOT CAMPAIGNING AND AM NOT A CANDIDATE, but heard from a lot of people on the campaign trail that they think I have some good things to say...that motivates me to try and take things to the next level, and try to come up with the ULTIMATE ANSWER TO FOR ANY GIVEN SITUATION AND TRY AND WARN WHAT IS AHEAD.

SO I WILL ONCE AGAIN POST...MOST EMPHATICALLY...AND YOU CAN SAY, "Oh no...here he goes again," (but that doesn't mean you know what you are talking about, either)...

NONE OF YOUR OVERSIGHT COMMITTEES OR CITY HALL DEMANDS FOR IMPROVED EFFICIENCY WILL BE ANYTHING BUT EMPTY EXHORTATIONS ON A TREADMILL OF DISTRACTIONS UNTIL THE 14 POINTS ARE INSTALLED AS THE OPERATING FOUNDATION FOR EVERYTHING ELSE TO BE BUILT UPON. (A built-in oversight committee that would eliminate the need for added layers of "oversight" bureaucracy.)

You cannot mandate ethics, and you cannot simply "demand" or "call for" improved quality and productivity.

Until City Hall can read this article and fully "get it," we will always have six workers waiting to trim one tree while they try to have the car moved that is blocking the tree and thwarting the entire multi-truck effort.

You will always wait on hold for too long, only to be transferred to voice mail and not have your matter handled.

The city will continue to boil to death in their own rudderless (leaderless) fear-based, bureaucracy and inefficiency while the general fund hemorrhages down the drain, like water down Ventura Blvd in Studio City thanks to DWP's lack of embracement of Deming's 14 points. They try and pull this "water conservation" move, but they end up losing more water than they conserved due to their inefficiency. LOL!

I know stubborn Antonio and arrogant Garcetti are too perfect to have to turn to the internationally embraced template for "methods for management of quality and productivity," as detailed by Dr. W. Edwards Deming (Ed Deming) in his 14 point plan.

So all I can say is, if YOU PERSONALLY want to know EXACTLY what it will take to transform City Hall and all municipal operations and start behaving and operating like responsible citizens, instead of bankrupting babies...

Click here for the blueprint for transformation you are calling for that cannot be mandated by the public or merely called for and proclaimed by management without the method.

So I am here to say to anyone who thinks I have ANYTHING good to say and have figured anything out and know what is going on, at all.

THE NUMBER ONE, MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE I HAVE TO DELIVER TO THE MASSES IS:

Nothing will ever work in this city or county (because they have to come on board, too) until Deming's 14 points are modus-operendi.

It's a lot of fun to talk about all the problems (side effects) of failure to operate under these 14 principals; and a lot of fun to make claims and demands as to what you are going to do about it; and a lot of people have like a lot of things I have been saying and the fundamental foundation of it all, and the only way I feel anything is ever going to change; and in this emergency situation the city is faced with...the only thing anyone at city hall should be doing, is figuring out how to implement these 14 points. And the only thing community leaders (NC, etc) should be doing is understanding these concepts, as well.

The more people who know this stuff, the more it will uplift everyone around you. And of course, the first thing it says is that it all starts at the top.

Please read it.

I know sometimes you don't like what your trainer has you do. Or you don't know why Mr. Miyagi wants you to "wax on/wax off." Or you don't like the influences your favorite musician, actor or author lists as their favorite.

So sorry the first and most important message I will always put first is the 14 points. People like what I say, and I am trying to tell you why you like it. Anything else before the city is walking the 14 points is just fun speculative talk that causes more harm than good.

So I hope I was able to make my point. I sure did go overboard to try and make it and I sure did make you have to sit through a long post that could have been one sentence:

"Until the city and county embrace Deming's 14 points, the city will continue to plummet so hard, their bond ratings will drop like a fire truck in an L.A. City sink hole and the community will NEVER get what they want and will not avert the pending disaster, nor be able to deal with the negative impacts."

I'm having fun watching.

DEMING OR DIE!