By Robert Faturechi, Los Angeles Times
September 29, 2011 (Posted at LATimes.com, 9/28/11 - 8PM
Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, responding to federal investigations of jailhouse abuse, for the first time offered a detailed account of an FBI undercover sting that caught one of his deputies allegedly smuggling a cellphone to an inmate.
In an interview with The Times, Baca revealed that the inmate working as an FBI informant inside Men's Central Jail was using pay phones there to contact agents probing allegations of deputy misconduct. The agents tried to dissuade him from using a jailhouse line, telling him they could be monitored by sheriff's officials. The agents promised to get their informant a cellphone, Baca said, and the inmate volunteered that he knew of a deputy willing to smuggle contraband for cash.
Baca confirmed that federal authorities targeted that deputy in an undercover sting. FBI operatives brought $1,500, Baca said, and the deputy agreed to go through with the deal.
FULL STORY ON LOS ANGELES TIMES WEBSITE/READ MORE...
[A LOT MORE STORY: ZD wanted to post, here, to make you aware and give you an intro, but don't wanna pimp an LA Times EXCLUSIVE. (Not like just reporting on an agenda item. EXCLUSIVE...so give them a "click" and read more. BUT KEEP IN MIND...LEE SPINS RIGHT ROUND, BABY...RIGHT ROUND. Like a record, baby...right, right round. (Your head can spin!)]
Rumor Mill Working Overtime as Controversy Bubbles Between FBI and LA Sheriff’s Dept. (ZD SAYS, "MAKE IT ABOUT HOW MEAN THE FBI IS AND HOW BAD THEY WERE FOR DOING THIS, INSTEAD OF THE FACT THAT IT HAPPENED! NICE TRY, LEE!" ZD ISN'T DENNIS ZINE. NOT FOOLED, THAT EASILY!)Allan Lengel ticklethewire.com
The rumor mill has been working over time involving the controversy between FBI and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Sheriff Lee Baca is fuming that the FBI didn’t tell him about its investigation into inmate abuse, or the fact that the FBI, in an undercover sting, paid a sheriff’s deputy about $1,500 to sneak a cellphone into an inmate who happened to be an FBI informant. When Baca learned of it all, he was none too happy.
The sheriff announced an investigation into the whole matter and into the sheriff’s deputy who snuck the phone in the jail. The deputy has since resigned, the LA Times reported. It is a crime to sneak a phone into the jail.
Things have been heating up.
AFTER YOU READ THE FULL ARTICLE, HERE IS ZD'S TWEET VERSION FOR HIS "KINGPIN" FICTIONAL TV SCRIPT: OOPS! Looks like non-KINGPIN connected FBI staff are in LA County KINGPIN doo-doo for busting KINGPINS' Sheriff Deputy: http://goo.gl/z2zD9
NEW & EXCLUSIVE:
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Zuma Dogg Exposes Alleged RICO-RACKET/Money-Launering Kickback Scheme of CRA Money & L.A. Non-Profit (FOLLOW UP!)
- ZUMA DOGG GOES UNDERCOVER, and gets to BOTTOM of LADBS (Building & Safety) SYSTEMATIC RICO-RACKET on "ERRONEOUS" LIENS (Wonder HOW Erroneous?) #FBI
- Zuma Dogg Called, "a hero for our country and the people." by Wilmington, NC and told, "Your T-Shirts Are Community Classics": BUT L.A. City BANS ME!
- L.A. City Hall Moving Ahead With "ACE" Program: Carmen Trutanich Effort to "ACE" You Out Of "DP" (DUE PROCESS!) DO NOT SET FOOT IN LOS ANGELES!
- U.S. Conference of Mayors Villaraigosa Faces BIG PROBLEM at HOME: Legal opinion puts City Hall's budget cuts in jeopardy (L.A. City=A SINKING SHIP!)
- Zuma Dogg's KINGPIN SCRIPT, ALREADY COMES TRUE: FBI BUSTS SHERIFF DEPUTY FOR SMUGGLING CELL PHONE INTO PRISON!
- GINGRICH TWEETS DOGG! Next "KINGPIN!" Storylines (Casa101, et al) and MORE ZUMA DOGG HARDBALLS (Through City Hall Windows) SORRY!