Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Santa Clara needs a Zuma Dogg" According to Silicon Valley Blog

Maybe I should franchise myself y'all..."Santa Clarita needs "a" Zuma Dogg."

From the blog post "Santa Clara needs a Zuma Dogg" on the "Letter From Silicon Valley" Blog

Clearly the issue of affordable housing and big developers buying city councils “love” for developers has come up before. As I’ve said before the Internet is a wonderful way to educate yourself and learn more about what’s going on outside your own backyard. So today I started to look outside my own Santa Clara Backyard and I discovered the LA has had some similar issues. Wouldn’t it be great if the Santa Clara City council current members: Mayor Patricia Mahan, Dominic Caserta, Will Kennedy, Kevin Moore, Joe Kornder, Pat Kolstadt, Jamie McLeod started to have a look at what is going out there in the community?

I came across Zuma Dogg on YouTube - he’s clearly a character - someone who is attempting to speak for the ordinary folk - someone who isn’t getting paid by a developer, or receiving a pay packet from a council member to write or speak out on what is going on in the community. Imagine a person who thinks for themselves and has the guts to speak out! I notice though that Zuma Dogg does seem to ‘hide’ his true identity. Something to think about - given I’ve noticed there is one blog out there that has hammered and made personal attacks on people who have spoken out about some of the council men and women I listed above! Wow imagine being Zuma Dogg and being that radical and speaking some of the truths that are affecting the little guy who pays the mortgage, sends the kids to local schools, pays the PG&E on time, who is struggling to put $80 a week aside to pay the gas for their car and knows that there is no public transport to get them to their job. You go Zuma! Bravo! Keep speaking out about the people in ‘power’ spending the tax payers money!

Here is something to get a taste of Zuma - he’s a bit out there but I think he is making a point!

Original Post