Saturday, June 7, 2008

Zuma Dogg Clarifies Mayor Magic and Mayor Zuma Rumors

HERE'S AN EMAIL I JUST SENT TO SOMEONE AND DECIDED I MAY AS WELL POST IT HERE FOR SOME OF MI OTHER AMIGOS TO CHECK OUT. May have said some things I wouldn't have said if I had known I was blogging it upfront.

Dear (ZD Amigo),

I saw the person again who told me about the mayor magic.

basically, it's no secret that there has been support for a 'mayor magic' but magic hasn't wanted to do it, although it's always a topic of discussion for him with his base of supporters.

so this time, especially with antonio being so weak and vulnerable, the people who want to bring you, 'mayor magic' are chomping at the bit more than ever and people are trying to make it happen.

The person who told me said, "he's (magic) is at the point where he is at that rung of the ladder." And if he is going to do it, now is the time.

When I said, "But people say he is making too much money and why would he want all the aggravation?" Response was, "you have staffers and your team doing all the heavy lifting." So I guess magic wouldn't be studying agendas to the point that ZD does.

ZD FOR MAYOR?: I am at the same crossroads as Magic. Although I don't want the aggravation, either...I'm so frustrated feeling that I know how to improve things, that I may not be able to prevent myself from putting my name on the ballot. I know it's hilarious...but when you consider that formula you mentioned that Walter came up with about only needing 160,000 votes (or something like that)...all i can say is...i think enough people would vote for me (even if i'm not in debates) due to the level of name recognition (IT'S HUGE, BRO...EACH DAY I AM MORE AND MORE STUNNED BY THE RESPONSE FROM PEOPLE ON THE STREETS. Oh man, it's not joke...I think I could force a run off. Even if people do not know I am running beforehand, if they see the name "Zuma Dogg" on the ballot...it's like you said a long time ago...then add that to all the people who actually know me now. I LIKE BEING ZUMA DOGG AND DON'T FEEL I "NEED" TO BECOME MAYOR ANYMORE THAN BATMAN OR SPIDERMAN FEEL THEY NEED TO JOIN THE POLICE DEPT.

But again, as someone who has not only studied Dr. Deming's "Methods for management of quality and productivity" (and innovation), but as someone who has been published internationally in "Quality Digest" and praised by Deming himself in 1991 in a letter he faxed to me...

I may have to run because I really wanna get in there an implement these changes on day one.

Everyone in these departments citywide and in city hall already know what to do and how to improve the system. But you have a retaliatory, vindictive, greedy mayor and so he is floating the boat UPSTREAM, against the grain on purpose.

When I let all city workers know, "You are the ones who know what is wrong with the system and how to do the job right the first time...so I want to empower all City workers to go ahead and do the job to the best of your ability, the way you think it should be done. YOU ARE NOW EMPOWERED TO START MAKING YOUR JOB EASIER, AND MAKING THE CUSTOMERS (CITIZENS) HAPPIER BY USING COMMON SENSE ON THE JOB. And the department heads will be meeting with each of you to solicit your feedback on what is broke with the system and how to improve the process. (Fix the system for the workers, so they can do a better job.)

Then, people start taking some pride in their jobs.

I know that isn't rounding up all the illegal aliens on day one. But nothing is going to get done in this city until someone steps up and starts implementing these Deming methods.

Even regarding Bratton and LAPD: Whatever goal you would like to accomplish there can be done. Look what he did in NYC. I would start by telling Bratton to "do the job you came here to do." I know you don't like the situation and have not only had both hands tied behind your back, but have been hog tied. If ZD as Mayor told Bratton to start doing what some of the radio talk show hosts would like to see...IT COULD BE STARTED THAT DAY!!! It's already all in special order 40. It's a matter of implementing the will of the people and interpreting the spirit of the law.

Even Councilmembers could be allowed to "do the right thing" (more often) without the pressure that greed and corruption creates.

AND I THINK I HAVE THE "DRIVE AND PASSION" TO START CRACKING THE WHIP AND MAKING IT HAPPEN. DAMN BRO, i know how to follow-up and put the pressure on with zero budget, out of my van, so hungry i'm usually about to pass out...and Mark Brown City Attorney was walking up and down Venice Beach yesterday with the two people I was complaining about this week. IMAGINE IF I WAS ACTUALLY THE BOSS INSTEAD OF THE PERSON TRYING TO BE BLOCKED!

KCAL 9 had me on election night. Oh man...people were saying, Bring back Zuma Dogg" after I left (during the next guest) -- and they had to announce, "Zuma Dogg has left the building" during the next guy's segment.

Anyway...as you may be able to tell, half way through this email to you, I decided to keep typing, and now I have a new blog post.

I know you will support Walter. I feel kinda guilty and bad if I run cause I know some people who like ZD (like you) want Walter -- and I like Walter and consider him a friend, for sure (in my blogging/activism world)...but I believe I can do what it takes and have the personality and passion to do it. AND...it would seem like kinda a waste if I didn't try and take my support from the people and try and try and move the city forward with it. (I've evolved a lot over the past two years at City Hall and this step would just be the next step. Not running, if I think I have a shot for a run-off would create a big emotional conflict for me. It's like every day at City Hall. Everyday is my last day, and I'm never going back again...I'm DONE, but something sends me back to the next meeting. And it's probably that force that will cause me to place my name on the ballot.

ZumaTimes.com
(See ZD's Deming articles there, too.)