Monday, April 6, 2009

WHY THE CITY CAN CUT THOUSANDS OF WORKERS AND NOT MISS A BEAT

WHY THE CITY CAN CUT THOUSANDS OF WORKERS AND NOT MISS A BEAT

by Zuma Dogg

Welp, I already mentioned the men's bathroom is out of order, while the library remains open, so workers have to leave and go down the street and across the street? (Legally, I think it needs to be closed until repaired? A clarification from a reader, perhaps?)

But here is why you can fire two of three workers at the Eagle Rock library, at least, and be better off for it:

I notice that I can't log onto my computer that I had to reserve and wait for.

So I go to another open computer, and can't log onto that one, either.

I notice the person next to me can't get logged on (but is still trying over and over again to the same result.)

AND THEN, I notice everyone is kinda bouncing around to the next computer thinking the ONE they sat down in front of was the only one not working.

So ZD approaches the three librarians seated behind a desk in the computer area. (NOT the people checking books in and out, just three workers seated incase three librarians are suddenly all needed at the same time and no one could wait.) So I approach the three librarians and ask, "Are you aware the computers are not working?"

They all shook their heads from side to side in unison with a look of shock of stupifiedness and mubbled out, "Noooooooooo?" all in unison.

I added, "They aren't working" and left.

So I come back a half hour later, cause I can't take it, I have to send an important email out that someone is waiting for, so I go back in, and it's the same "computer shuffling" going on.

I look and see ALL the screens say, "Timeout Session" and won't log on. So I ask one person trying to log on that I remember from a half hour ago, and ask, "Are the computers messed up?" He says, "Yeah!" And it's OBVIOUS to EVERYONE that there is a problem.

So I mention to the librarians, "Look around, the computers aren't working."

You have never seen six shoulders shrug all in unison so non-chalantley, so quickly.

So that meant nothing was being done about it. (Like notifying someone.)

So ZD is now at an internet cafe for a few minutes.

POINT IS: If you have three librarians giving you the three monkey "see/hear/speak no evil" routine, and don't even want to look up to see if there is a problem, let alone respond to it when they are notified...

FIRE TWO OF THEM, cause you only need ONE person to "shush"...NOT THREE. And you just lost $7 Billion in risky Wall Street and Real Estate investments.

SO START BY FIRING TWO OF THE THREE "DO-NOTHINGS" AT THE LIBRARY AND READ "INTERPRETING DEMING'S 14 POINTS"!

http://ZumaTimes.com