Monday, September 20, 2010

OFFICIAL CITY OF LOS ANGELES BUDGET UPDATE from Zuma Dogg (Real Blog Post...NOT Twitter Tweet Update...FULL PARAGRAPHS...It's THAT Important)

You may have noticed my blog posts have become more of the official blog record of my Twitter tweets. And that doesn't mean you are getting LESS blogging, but MORE blogging. Traditional blogging you may get a few topics a day. Through tweeting, I am monitoring the news wire all the time, updating the Twitter feed on this blog. AND can cover a lot more stuff. And people don't have a lot of time to read big, huge articles. So I try to make it easy to take in. And the 140 character limit, forces me to work hard to keep the message tight and concise.

BUT AS I TRIED TO GET THE POINT ACROSS, IT REQUIRES MORE THAN TWEETING...AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AS IT'S OWN ENTITY OF A TOPIC -- NOT JUST MIXED IN WITH UPDATES ON OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST.

And, as usual, you won't take this seriously enough and will discount it. And from where I type this, that's FINE with me. But I do feel just as compelled to post it, for the record. Cause I'm gonna wanna go back and say, "I told you so." But THIS TIME, I won't have to wait a year:

And now I'm too tired and burnt out to say much more, cause I put all my limited time and energy away from my music feed to type the intro to this. So suffice to say:

- "The City of L.A. budget situation is even worse than the dismal disaster they have already admitted publicly.

- It takes a while for all these previous cuts/layoffs/ERIP staff loss to work through the system and be felt. GET READY TO FEEL THEM!

- The City of L.A. is at a breaking point from a services viewpoint.

- Most concerning: Cuts at Internet & Technology (IT) Dept has been so deep, if 9-1-1 system has a glitch, won't have the geek squad to figure it out and fix it. It goes downhill from there. No IT, means BIG RISKS. ONE THING GOES WRONG...LIGHTS OUT L.A! No one to fix it. AND NOT JUST WITH THE 9-1-1 SYSTEM...that's just ONE example.

- Library closures are gonna be the LEAST OF ANYONE'S PROBLEMS. That was the appetizer, starting point. GUESS WHAT? GONNA BE LIKE A METH ADDICT ON A MACHETE SWINGING RAMPAGE TRYING TO CUT EVERYTHING IN SITE! Gonna be a BLOODY municipal MASSACRE!

THERE'S REALLY NOTHING YOU OR I CAN DO AT THIS POINT. THERE'S REALLY NOTHING ANY INDIVIDUAL CAN DO. IT'S A HUGE SYSTEMATIC PROBLEM, AND THE ONLY PROBLEM I SEE IS NOTHING BUT NUTTY ACTIVISTS STILL FOCUSING ON THE INDIVIDUAL AND NOT THE SYSTEM.

We are not even at the beginning of the embryonic stage of the first spark of even thinking about actually fixing anything because there is yet to be a mutter of the word, "system" by any of you unsophisticated, short-sighted, small minded, NC-discretionary-fund-whining-about crybaby loser, crylosers. HAVE FUN WATCHING IT ALL FALL APART. YOU ALLOWED IT TO THROUGH YOUR LAZY, EXCUSE MAKING, SHORT-SIGHTED, SELFISHNESS. (I gotta go take a walk half a block to the beach.)

AND NO...I'm not gonna waste time posting about small-potato loser Richard Alarcon who is merely a chump change loser and irrelevant cause everyone who ever worked with him throughout his career at State and Local level has dropped a dime on the bastard. You can check THAT chump change stuff on the Twitter feed of this blog.