MAYOR VILLARAIGOSA ISSUES STATEMENT ON CITY COUNCIL VOTE ON PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP FOR THE CITY’S PARKING STRUCTURES
January 12, 2011 – Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa today issued the following statement regarding the City Council’s vote on a public private partnership for the City’s parking structures:
"I want to thank the City Council for voting to proceed with a responsible request for proposal (RFP) on the city’s parking garages. This decision keeps the City on a path charted last May when we unanimously chose to include this proposal in the Adopted City Budget. Moving forward with a proposal which maximizes the value of city parking garages is a critical part of our plan to restore Los Angeles to financial health.
"The Council faced a tough choice, and it did the right thing.
"The City Council and I continue to face many difficult choices as we work to solve the City’s fiscal crisis, and maintaining our strong partnership is essential in order to do what’s best for the City and the residents we serve."
ALSO AT L.A. CITY NEWS:
TO: FEDERAL JUDGE DEAN PREGERSEN - ZUMA DOGG BUSTS CITY OF LOS ANGELES on FEDERAL VIOLATION @ Venice Beach...TAKE DOWN THE DAMN SIGNS!
FR: ZUMA DOGG
RE: VENICE BEACH 42.15
DT: January 12, 2011
[SEE FULL POST FOR EXPLOSIVE NEW VIDEO BY ZUMA DOGG -- LIVE @ VENICE BEACH!]
- TO: FEDERAL JUDGE DEAN PREGERSEN - ZUMA DOGG BUSTS CITY OF LOS ANGELES on FEDERAL VIOLATION @ Venice Beach...TAKE DOWN THE DAMN SIGNS!
- L.A. Democratic Party (UNION MONEY) Backing Incumbent Councilman Bernard Parks' OPPOSITION in March 8, 2011 Election
- L.A. City News Headlines For Thursday, January 12, 2011 - A Record Number Of Blog Posts Over Past 72 Hours @ LACityNews.com
- MORE L.A. WEEKLY COVERAGE of CONTROVERSY Surrounding Jose Huizar and his (mis)use of CLARTS Fund.
- SOMEONE PLEASE HELP CONTROLLER WENDY GREUEL: Her Office Can't Even Run Computer Software for AN IMPORTANT PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST Regarding (Jose Huizar's) CLARTS Fund (IS SHE COVERING UP THE SHADINESS?)
- When TONY CARDENAS Staff Attends a "TECH CONVENTION" Who Pays For It All? (And Who Is Getting The Convention Fee?)
- EXPOSE': LAUSD's "Schools to Prisons" Program - How it works and WHY? (Soon to be exposed in media!)