Saturday, May 31, 2008

VIDEO: Mayor Villaraigosa & Zuma Dogg Ham It Up on The ZumaCam, Then Villaraigosa Announces, "Zuuuuma Dogg...CANDIDATE!"

It's the battle of the top two political figures and camera hogs in Koreatown for a press conference with news and TV camera in attendance to cover the event.

In this exclusive undercover ZumaCam video, you can see Zuma Dogg unveil his new "Zuma Dogg For Mayor '09" for Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa as Zuma asks for the mayor's support.

Antonio couldn't help but be amused (as I was hoping for). Then after I let him know that ZD noticed a nice scaling back of the "Special Event Fee Waivers" over the past three council meetings, the second-runner/incumbent mayor suggests taking a picture with the public advocate/constituent magnet Zuma Dogg (as seen on City TV 35 more than some Councilmembers).



I've been pretty hard on the mayor in my blogging and public comments, so I decided not to make it worse, when it was easy for me to take a moment to ham it up on camera with the mayor for the ABC 7 cameras and the rest of the press pool. (Hope everyone enjoyed the moment.)

THEN, as he took to the podium to address the crowd, Mayor Villaraigosa starts his speech with the announcement, "Zuuuuuma Dogg...CANDIDATE!" (I wasn't officially ready to announce and now the mayor announcing it to the media before I was ready is forcing me to move ahead more quickly than I had wanted to. LOL!)



ZumaTube.com

How to get a customized message Zuma Dogg T Shirt

NOTE: This warm and fuzzy footage was recorded BEFORE the Venice Beach debacle today. I wish Rob at Venice Beach Parks and Rec didn't mess it all up.