Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Zuma Dogg's LA Daily Blog Weekly Update (The Shady Report)

I gotta get back to posting my public comments from the Council meetings because that makes the biggest impact in the City because each meeting is broadcast four times on City TV 35 and when people stop me on the street, they say they see me on TV at the meetings. And I'm not sure how many blog readers have a chance to see all the public comments ZD is laying down before the people of Los Angeles on City TV 35.

Not too many people really say, "I read your blog" from the general public. Of course at City Hall, a rally or NC meeting I get a lot more feedback about the blogging.

Blogs are good for the core group of activists and NC members in the city who help get the word out to others in the community. So that's a HUGE service. And there is a core group of activists and NC members in the City that are opinion leaders and most vocal in their communities. AND, blogs are good for sending the smoke signals that warm up the story for radio and newspapers. And although the newspapers don't report on as much of the fraud, waste and abuse as the activists, talk show hosts and general public would like...ZD feels good that bloggers have broken some big and important issues that have been picked up by the newspapers which is always the goal! (And when I say "bloggers" I mean "my" blogging -- AMONG THE OTHERS!)

GIVE AND TAKE: When I was in Cleveland visiting my family over the winter, when I was in a house with internet connection 24/7 and wasn't a walking zombie from sleeping in my car for four-months straight, my blogging was popping on all cylinders -- but of course I wasn't attending every Council meeting, either.

So although I have to let some of the stuff go uncovered now, since I'm going to meetings and living on the street with MUCH less internet access (and can't focus as much being sleep and food deprived and basically constantly uncomfortable) -- there is some HUGE stuff contained within this blog thread. So check out the LA Daily Blog recap of the most recent stories. (Not the best stories of all time, just the most recent ones.)

Basically, one thing I hate is when you tune into radio and TV and everyone is doing the same story or playing the same song at the same time. So if all the other blogs and newspapers are covering a story to saturation, ZD may let that slide and focus on the stuff I come across that other sources are not covering. DO I REALLY HAVE TO LINK TO FRONT PAGE HEADLINE STORIES OF MAJOR NEWSPAPERS??? Blogs are for what they are NOT covering. If you read a blog for political coverage, I'm sure you see the front page of LA Times/DN each day.

Currently, I am not even able to blog all the stuff I come across each day between scanning agendas, attending the meetings, and what I hear from people who stop me at City Hall and on the street.

I've just made a decision that I am not going to blog my way into any type of financial situation that could help compensate for a fuller commitment to bring you even more of the stuff not being covered in the city and every local NC issue ...so I'll blog what I find most interesting...and everyone who wants me to blog the same stories everyone else is blogging...sorry. I can't even blog everything that crosses my path each day. So I'm not gonna try to be the official blog of record for everything that hits the Daily News, LA Times, LA Weekly and radio.

And hopefully, Zuma Dogg and LA Daily Blog will continue to bring you so much exclusive inside information and things before you see or hear about them anywhere else -- and everyone else can bring you everything else.

But most importantly, check out the links to the "affordable housing ballot bamboozle" that Mayor Antonio will be trying to blow past you, once again. AND THIS ONE REALLY SOUNDS GOOD, BUT IS VERY-VERY EVIL! And since it is not a tax, fee or bond -- it's gonna be tough to argue with. Especially since it continues to remain an LA Daily Blog exclusive.

LA Daily Blog.com